Forum Index » Chaff » Is Your Email Hacked? One Place to Find Out...

Display Avatars Sort By:
Ben 2 World
(ben2world) - MLife

Locale: So Cal
-- on 02/04/2012 12:20:39 MST Print View

Post removed by OP.

Edited by ben2world on 02/05/2012 10:20:08 MST.

Stephen M
(stephenm) - MLife

Locale: A very flat place (Grrrrrrrr)
Re: Is Your Email Hacked? One Place to Find Out... on 02/04/2012 15:35:54 MST Print View

I put in the email address of the guy on here who was hacked and it came back saying it was not.

Terry Trimble
(socal-nomad) - F

Locale: North San Diego county
Is Your Email Hacked? One Place to Find Out... on 02/04/2012 19:53:22 MST Print View

I Opened up the site in another tab and my apple computer came up with a non certificated site warning so I clicked off the open tab. Even though the article says he is a computer security expert. How do we know what he will do or other that hack his system will do with all the email address his system collects. Use with caution is what say.IMHO
Terry

Ben 2 World
(ben2world) - MLife

Re: Is Your Email Hacked? One Place to Find Out... on 02/04/2012 19:57:42 MST Print View

Terry, I was thinking the same too, of course... PC World is a reputable online magazine though.

Chad Miller
(chadnsc)

Locale: Duluth, Minnesota
Re: Is Your Email Hacked? One Place to Find Out... on 02/05/2012 08:02:01 MST Print View

I entered in a spam e-mail that I only use for iffy sites (aka job search sites) where I don't want my normal inbox to get filled up with spam.

Funny thing after I did that I stated getting spam from PC World.

This e-mail had been hacked.

The site said it hadn't been hacked.

Ben 2 World
(ben2world) - MLife

Re on 02/05/2012 10:17:12 MST Print View

"Funny thing after I did that I stated getting spam from PC World."

Very interesting! Sorry I got you spammed... but I entered a bunch of my own and didn't get a single spam. In any case, I will remove the post above.

Edited by ben2world on 02/05/2012 10:19:12 MST.

Chad Miller
(chadnsc)

Locale: Duluth, Minnesota
Re: Re on 02/05/2012 11:13:03 MST Print View

Don't worry about it Ben, I'm not upset. I have no doubt that you posted the link in good faith and never thought anything malicious would come from it. Quite the opposite in fact.

I think it's mighty big of you to remove your OP though. Thanks for being such an upstanding guy!

Ben 2 World
(ben2world) - MLife

Re: on 02/05/2012 12:00:28 MST Print View

Yeah, I removed it because I figure if one person can get spammed, then there is no telling how many more. Still think it odd though, that PC World would do anything like this. But anyway, the article and link were merely interesting, and not anything critical.