Forum Index » Chaff » New Andrew Skurka Book : Feb 21 Release

Display Avatars Sort By:
Ron Bell
(mountainlaureldesigns) - F - M

Locale: USA
New Andrew Skurka Book : Feb 21 Release on 02/02/2012 16:25:23 MST Print View

sjurkacover

The Andrew Skurka book will be released on Feb 21.

I have a pre-release copy and I LOVE it! Lots of energy in the writing and I learned more than I thought I would - So even if you are an old hand at UL it still has plenty for you - especially inspiration!

It will be available many places later this month, including the MLD site.

I HIGHLY ENCOURAGE you to buy it directly from his site, andrewskurka.com, since he will get the sale and you will get a signed copy- SO surf over there to pre-order.

More info on the book at his website.

Chad Miller
(chadnsc)

Locale: Duluth, Minnesota
Re: New Andrew Skurka Book : Feb 21 Release on 02/02/2012 17:25:44 MST Print View

Already pre-ordered mine and am patently awaiting it's delivery.

Luke Schmidt
(Cameron) - MLife

Locale: The WOODS
Re Re New Andrew Skurka Book: Feb 21 Release on 02/02/2012 17:37:06 MST Print View

From what I've seen of the rough draft version it should be a very good book. I'm definately going to be changing a couple things about the way I backpack in the feature based on his ideas.

a b
(Ice-axe)
New Andrew Skurka Book on 02/02/2012 18:15:46 MST Print View

Luke, you are reviewing the book for BPL. When can we expect a sneak peak?

Ben 2 World
(ben2world) - MLife

Locale: So Cal
Caution When Ordering On Line on 02/02/2012 18:19:47 MST Print View

Just ordered mine, and a small word of caution...

If you are one of those who uses software to populate blank fields (address, etc.) on order forms... note that the state defaults to Colorado. Your software may or may not override that field (mine didn't) -- so review your completed order to make sure.

Edited by ben2world on 02/02/2012 18:54:43 MST.

Luke Schmidt
(Cameron) - MLife

Locale: The WOODS
Re New Andrew Skurka Book on 02/02/2012 18:22:24 MST Print View

Oh you caught me Matthew. Not sure how much I'm supposed to say on such issues. Once BPL gets the document its up to them when they publish it but close to or prior to the official release of the book would be an intelligent guess.
All I'll say now is from what I've seen it will be an awesome book. Its a bit different than your average "How to be an Ultralight Hiker" guide so I think it will have its own niche.

Edited by Cameron on 02/02/2012 18:24:22 MST.

Michael Ray
(topshot) - MLife

Locale: Midwest
Re: Re New Andrew Skurka Book on 02/02/2012 20:08:19 MST Print View

LOL. I was just going to email you about your impressions. I figure his book will be better for newbies than Chris Townsend's latest edition. I'll be adding a short Amazon review for it soon.

Richard Lyon
(richardglyon) - MLife

Locale: Bridger Mountains
First rate book on 02/02/2012 20:08:30 MST Print View

Picked one up at the OR Show, and I really like it. Easy to read, good illustrations, and - best of all - common sense about saving weight. Highly recommended.

a b
(Ice-axe)
Skurka's Book on 02/02/2012 20:19:53 MST Print View

Wait! Richard, you already have the book?
I thought it was not due out until mid Febrary.
Best order up my copy.

Peter Sustr
(czechxpress) - F - M

Locale: Boulder
Skurka Book on 02/02/2012 21:10:08 MST Print View

He was signing 150 copies at OR and I got lucky and got one. Its a good book with a great layout. He was giving away a signed copy on his twitter account recently.

Still looks good even after Alaska

skurka at OR

Laurie Ann March
(Laurie_Ann) - F

Locale: Ontario, Canada
new book on 02/04/2012 09:00:12 MST Print View

This book is wonderful... I'm totally impressed. I'll post a link to the review when it is posted.