Forum Index » Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Why Should the NE Be So Special? Southeast/GA Group Trip

Display Avatars Sort By:
Chris Muthig
(cmuthig) - M

Locale: Georgia
Why Should the NE Be So Special? Southeast/GA Group Trip on 01/31/2012 17:58:42 MST Print View

I was contacted recently by a fellow BPL member in Georgia who suggested that we try to set up a group trip. It sounded like a great idea to me, so I am here to try to find some others. I know we have some BPL members in the GA/SC/NC area.

Currently, I just want to see what kind of interest I can get with the idea, and then we can take the steps to find a route and date once we have some people willing to go. I'd probably be thinking somewhere in the West NC area as a good location for just about everybody though.

Any others out there interested in a good ole BPL meetup?

Hiking Malto
(gg-man) - F
Very likely Maybe on 01/31/2012 18:37:09 MST Print View

if I'm not hanging out with the CA BPL folks. I live in north ATL so NC would be no problem.

Scott Haddon
(rebeldawg63) - F

Locale: Southeast
I'm good any weekend on 02/01/2012 22:25:26 MST Print View

Have been looking to do some hiking on the weekends. I'm game if you are?
3 day pack base under 9lbs winter setup: do have a hexamid twin thats sub 16.5oz with ground sheet.

Steven Adeff
(TinCanFury) - F

Locale: Boston
Re: Why Should the NE Be So Special? Southeast/GA Group Trip on 02/02/2012 07:35:04 MST Print View

DO IT!

your NE brethren fully support this, they're a great time. If your in the Southeast definitely get involved in this!

Brad Fisher
(wufpackfn)

Locale: NC/TN/VA Mountains
Re: Re: Why Should the NE Be So Special? Southeast/GA Group Trip on 02/02/2012 12:34:05 MST Print View

Link to the Southern Appalachian Backpacking light Facebook group.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/228683055956/

Maybe this will help.

Brad Fisher

tyler marlow
(like.sisyphus) - F

Locale: UTAH
YES! on 02/04/2012 10:07:34 MST Print View

I was just getting on here to post this Chris

I know there are enough of us just in the Atlanta city limits to constitute a carpool and I believe there are some more BPLers slightly north too.

I second the Facebook page, ive been on there but never been able to make it to events.

Kenneth Houseal
(Homewardbound)
Sounds Awesome. on 02/11/2012 09:06:50 MST Print View

I'm one of those slightly north of the ATL :)! Dawsonville Ga, My house is 3 miles from Amicalola Falls.

tyler marlow
(like.sisyphus) - F

Locale: UTAH
LATE MARCH MEETUP? on 02/24/2012 08:39:02 MST Print View

How would the last weekend in March sound to you all that are interested?

Chris Muthig
(cmuthig) - M

Locale: Georgia
Re: LATE MARCH MEETUP? on 02/25/2012 19:05:58 MST Print View

I'll hopefully be able to do the last weekend of March. I am hoping to hear from a new job opportunity in the next two weeks, so I may end up being busy.

Also, the Facebook group mentioned seems very active. Anything we post here should get mentioned there as well I think.

scri bbles
(scribbles) - F

Locale: Atlanta, GA
Re: Re: LATE MARCH MEETUP? on 03/19/2012 15:47:10 MDT Print View

North ATL suburbs, checking in.

Emil Gazda
(Emilio)

Locale: Southeast
Souteasts/GA group on 04/01/2012 15:56:48 MDT Print View

Just curious if you were able to get anything together with the local BPL community. My backyard is FDR State Park and we have about 43 miles of nice trail here being at the southern most end of the Appalachians in GA. It could possibly be a future trip location.

I would be interested in a group trip like the BMT or Cohutta. Being relatively new to backpacking and a family man, I've never been on trips farther than FDR or Providence Canyon. I would like to plan a few weekend trips outside of my regular haunts this year.

Joslyn Bloodworth
(JoslynB) - F

Locale: Southwest
I'm in! on 04/01/2012 17:25:49 MDT Print View

If you can get an itinerary up and some solid dates, I'm interested in NE Atlanta!!