Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
JMT clothing
Display Avatars Sort By:
Allen Butts
(butts0989) - F - MLife

Locale: Northern Rockies
JMT clothing on 01/31/2012 10:04:07 MST Print View

Ok so I am looking for feedback from people that have hiked then JMT and or SHR. I will be YoYoing them at the beginning of August. I'm wondering if the clothing I'm planning on carrying is too little, too much, or just right. The items in ( ) are items that I have not purchased yet, so please feel free to suggest other options.

Clothing and Footwear:
- Darn Tough Coolmax socks
- Brooks Cascadia 6
- (Dirty Girl Gaiters)
- REI Midweight socks (sleep socks)
- Nike Dri-Fit shorts
- Nike Dri-Fit tights
- (Montbell Dynamo windpants)
- Golite running top
- Patagonia Cap 3 zip
- Montbell UL Parka
- Golite Virga
- Manzella light wind gloves
- Dohm beanie

P. Larson
(reacttocontact) - F
Re: JMT clothing on 01/31/2012 10:40:24 MST Print View

Notcied you are a Brooks Cascadia fan. I think sometime next month they are releasing the 7. Check it out:

http://www.irunfar.com/2011/12/brooks-cascadia-7-review.html

Allen Butts
(butts0989) - F - MLife

Cascadia 7 on 01/31/2012 11:04:40 MST Print View

Thank you for that info, I was wondering when they were planning on releasing them. I have the 6's right now, but they have around 1000 miles on them so I am going to need a new pair. I guess I'll just wait for the 7's!

P. Larson
(reacttocontact) - F
Re: Cascadia 7 on 01/31/2012 11:23:52 MST Print View

Yeah it says it's supposed to release tomorrow. I bought the 5's and hated them and switched to Sportiva shoes. As soon as the 7's are available, I'm going to try them out though. Possibly rekindle my love of Brooks. Haha.

Allen Butts
(butts0989) - F - MLife

Re: Cascadia 7 on 01/31/2012 11:49:31 MST Print View

Ya I cant wait, I do like the 6's but I'm sure that the 7's will be a very necessary upgrade. Although I have to say my 6's have held up extremely well for how many miles I have put on them and the activities I use them in.