Forum Index » GEAR » LAUFBURSCHE Webshop opening soon!

Display Avatars Sort By:
Hendrik Morkel
(skullmonkey) - MLife

Locale: Finland
LAUFBURSCHE Webshop is OPEN! on 01/31/2012 08:38:07 MST Print View

LAUFBURSCHE just announced that they plan to open their long-expected webshop by the end of February!

Exciting! That should mean it should soon be very easy to order a huckePACK or huckePÄCKchen (or a Cuben Laavu, or a Tanzpalast... =)

/Edit: Its open! Head over to laufbursche-gear.de to get a Handmade in Germany Pack!

Edited by skullmonkey on 04/04/2012 06:45:20 MDT.

Christian Denniston
(cdenniston) - F
webshop on 01/31/2012 09:17:47 MST Print View

I may be wrong, but it feels like I have been hearing this for a long time, haha. Regardless I am very excited to be able to easily look at their products, different options, and be able to easily purchase one. Thanks for keeping people informed.

Erik Hagen
(EWH100) - MLife

Locale: SF Bay Area
Laavu on 01/31/2012 20:44:57 MST Print View

I'll be all over that Laavu if it becomes available. I've been wanting a cuben fiber mid in a similar design as my Golite Hex and that looks like the ticket. Can't wait.

Steven Evans
(Steve_Evans) - MLife

Locale: Canada
Re: Laavu on 01/31/2012 21:02:49 MST Print View

I'm with Erik on this one. It still has a center pole which I am not a big fan of, but that Laavu still looks like a total winner.

Hendrik Morkel
(skullmonkey) - MLife

Webshop on 02/01/2012 00:52:46 MST Print View

Christian, you might be right about that ;) Small business and such. However, now that he has a new, sweet looking workshop, a couple of employees and is working since last year on that website and shop, I'm sure we'll see it soon (I'm gonna call him each week and pressure him for your sake ;).

In March there's going to be a small one-week winter tour here, where so far at least one, possibly two Laavus will be present. I'll try to make a video and tempt you guys a tad more then =)

M W
(rcmike) - MLife

Locale: California
Opening date? on 02/19/2012 22:12:58 MST Print View

Is the opening date still going to happen by the end of the month? I'm hoping so... :)

P. Larson
(reacttocontact) - F
Re: LAUFBURSCHE Webshop opening soon! on 02/19/2012 22:20:15 MST Print View

I'm sorry but this photo...I still can't stop laughing. As in not a good laugh. As in the whole "WTF is that guy doing/wearing" laugh.
Hahaha

Edited by reacttocontact on 02/20/2012 12:32:27 MST.

Benjamin Moryson
(hrXXL) - MLife

Locale: Germany
LAUFBURSCHE Shop on 02/20/2012 10:34:19 MST Print View

Yeah it is a fantasdtic video. I made it some weeks ago when I met him at the new headquarter. The new huckePACK 2012 looks also nice.

Here are some photos of the new pack.
http://hrxxlight.com/?p=1541

Daniel Goldenberg
(dag4643) - M

Locale: Pacific Northwet
Re: LAUFBURSCHE Shop on 02/20/2012 11:57:52 MST Print View

Wird der Webshop auf Englisch verfügbar sein, so dass nicht Deutsch sprechende Käufer in der Lage, einfach kaufen große Gegenstände?

peter vacco
(fluff@inreach.com) - M

Locale: no. california
nice... umm ..picture on 02/20/2012 13:40:28 MST Print View

a pair of thoughts come to mind....
1. - maybe this is the opening month shot for the new "UL People of WalMart" calendar.
2. - maybe this is how UL'rs look to rednecks ....

i'm from the bay area, and so can not possibly be blamed for either of those two thoughts.

Mateusz Szultk
(LAUFBURSCHE-DE) - F

Locale: Cologne/ Germany
reply on 02/21/2012 02:59:59 MST Print View

Dear Folks,

we are trying our best to open the webshop as soon as possible.

The web shop will be available in the medium term also on English, but not from the beginning, because the front end of our shopsystem does not support multiple languages.
But we will wangle also this.

btw@paul

What I'm wearing?:

Sunglasses
A Laufbursche huckePACKchen
A Windshirt
A Shorts with a tights
Compression socks
Gaiters
and
Five Fingers

That's the way we're going on trail.

What I'm doing?:
Simply have fun!

Best regards,
Laufbursche

Hendrik Morkel
(skullmonkey) - MLife

Open. on 04/04/2012 06:04:27 MDT Print View

And it is open. Get your credit cards out and head over to http://www.laufbursche-gear.de/ to get your choice of huckePACK!

Scott Chassey
(schassey) - F

Locale: Bay Area
Wow. on 04/05/2012 10:04:44 MDT Print View

I had been looking forward to buying a huckePACK for months now, as it looks to be just the right balance of features, weight and capacity for me. And the top closure scheme is the most brilliant I've ever seen.

But ~$300?! That's considerably more money than I had anticipated having to spend to get one. I knew shipping would be a premium over MLD etc, but I didn't think the pack cost would be THAT much more.

Bummer. Don't think I can justify a $300 pack, however elegant it appears to be.

Edited by schassey on 04/05/2012 10:05:14 MDT.

Chris W
(simplespirit) - MLife

Locale: WNC
Re: Wow. on 04/05/2012 10:10:16 MDT Print View

Yeah, the exchange rates and overseas shipping costs are deal killers. Same is true for our friends across the ocean and US goods unfortunately.

P. Larson
(reacttocontact) - F
Re: Re: Wow. on 04/05/2012 10:19:37 MDT Print View

Yeah. I don't think I could justify paying $255 for a silnylon pack. And that's before shipping. Yikes.

Hendrik Morkel
(skullmonkey) - MLife

^_^ on 04/06/2012 04:28:37 MDT Print View

We pay similar prices for US goods, so it goes both ways. Though with the current strong Euro it is of course a tad more in our favour. I can assure you that it is worth it, too!

Alasdair Fowler
(MessiahKhan) - F

Locale: Newcastle, UK
LAUFBURSCHE Webshop opening soon! on 04/06/2012 06:14:53 MDT Print View

You don't even want to know how much I paid for my Cuben Fibre MLD Supermid once import duties/tax/shipping had been slapped on top!

Anyway, great news about the laufbursche shop opening. The huckePACK and huckePÄCKchen look like great packs. I am very tempted by a Cuben huckePÄCKchen at some point. The thing that tempts me the most though is that Cuben Laavu! Not sure I could justify it with having a Supermid, but I would love to see more photos and reviews of it!

The metalic Xpac also looks interesting, although if you had a pack or shelter made out of it, it wouldn't be very stealth!

P. Larson
(reacttocontact) - F
Re: ^_^ on 04/06/2012 09:23:14 MDT Print View

I wasn't really talking about exchange rates and/or shipping. I was just talking price in general.

John Frederick Anderson
(fredfoto) - F

Locale: Spain
LAUFBURSCHE on 04/06/2012 10:32:56 MDT Print View

Great looking packs, so best of luck to LAUFBURSCHE!!
If I wasn't having a 'no buying gear year' I would be all over a custom Xpack chen for sure.
Re price- you get what you pay for, and these scream quality and look like they would last a long time.
Cheers,
Fred