Forum Index » General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Passports

Display Avatars Sort By:
Gene .
(Tracker)

Locale: New England
Re: Passports for travellers: to Gene on 02/05/2007 16:30:51 MST Print View

Eric, No I did not, but suffice it to say that I can appreciate whatever reasonable reply you sent me. Sometimes a topic gets the best of me, and I post what I'm thinking; rather than what would be PC. I'm a more reasonable person than some of my posts would have you beleive.

Eric Noble
(ericnoble) - MLife

Locale: Colorado Rockies
Re: Re: Passports for travellers: to Gene on 02/05/2007 17:31:42 MST Print View

Gene, I'm really sorry you didn't receive my PM. Your PM to me was personal and my reply was as well, so I won't post it here. I will post a less personal version that will give you an idea of what I said.

I truly appreciate you sharing with me what you did. I also appreciate you editing your post for what I believe to be the greater good of the forum. I want to commend you for what you have added to the forums. You clearly have a strong desire to help those around you. I've seen it in your forum posts and your life seems to testify that as well. I've said things I regretted as well, no big deal. Its tiny compared to what's been contributed.

A good friend and one time neighbor of mine is in a line of work similar to yours. We talked on occasion about the effect that his job and experiences has had on his view of humanity. He called it a hazard of the job, something he was always battling with. I can only guess that you must fight a similar battle. I may be assuming too much, if so forgive me.

I respect you and would expect nothing less of you than to stand up for your values and your friends. I hope we are on good terms.

Eric

p.s. To the powers that be. Is there a way to fix the PM feature so it works between members and guests. Everything appeared to work but didn't. This is worse than it not working at all. Though I am grateful I received Gene's PM.

Gene .
(Tracker)

Locale: New England
Re: Re: Re: Passports for travellers: to Gene on 02/06/2007 17:25:58 MST Print View

Eric, I can appreciate the sentiment and just want to contribute to the community here when I have the time, and something constructive to say. Like everyone else, sometimes I need to be corrected on my tone of post. I'm only human, and I'm not always right or polite; and am glad to have folks like yourself call me on it.

I'd be a member here but last year was not exactly my best year. So be it, but it would be nice to be able to connect with folks here when the need arises, like you mentioned in your post.