Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Nepal Evo versus Trango Extreme
Display Avatars Sort By:
Zachary Arnold
(zrarnold) - F

Locale: Southern Spain
Nepal Evo versus Trango Extreme on 01/29/2012 05:56:22 MST Print View

I use a 45 Nepal Evo would a 45 Trango Extreme Evo fit the same? Anybody have experience with both?

Charles Henry
(Chuckie_Cheese)

Locale: Arizona and British Columbia
Re: Nepal Evo versus Trango Extreme on 01/29/2012 13:44:48 MST Print View

Not 100%, but I have seen that the Nepal Evos have a different last than the Trangos. The Nepals have a wider footbox. I have wide feet and think I can use the Evos but the Trangos are painful. Then again the wider footbox might be to ensure warmth and circulation and it might be a good idea to keep it generous. My 2 cents.

rOg w
(rOg_w) - F

Locale: rogwilmers.wordpress
deleted on 01/29/2012 15:34:27 MST Print View

deleted

Edited by rOg_w on 05/28/2012 17:32:30 MDT.

Zachary Arnold
(zrarnold) - F

boots on 02/02/2012 12:37:39 MST Print View

Thanks. I emailed La Sportiva. Their answer is that the Trango line is definitely a little more narrow and it is built with a different last.

I don't climb any vertical ice even though I would like to. Here in Southern Spain it is usually a long hike in and I am wearing nothing but a t shirt and shorts and when I get to the bivy site it will be full winter mountain conditions. I have been borrowing a pair of Nepals. I usually wear my sneakers up the the snow line and then change. I think a lighter more flexible boot would be much better because I wouldn't have to bring sneakers.

Edited by zrarnold on 02/02/2012 12:40:20 MST.

Charles Henry
(Chuckie_Cheese)

Locale: Arizona and British Columbia
Re: boots on 02/03/2012 01:09:51 MST Print View

Try the Scarpa Charmoz. Lightweight, wide, works basically like a wide Trango.

Zachary Arnold
(zrarnold) - F

scarpa on 02/03/2012 06:18:03 MST Print View

thanks any advice for the sizing. There aren't any shops around here where I can try them on. Do they size similar to the Trangos.

Khader Ahmad
(337guanacos) - F

Locale: Pirineos, Sierra de la Demanda
Re: Nepal Evo versus Trango Extreme on 02/03/2012 08:29:48 MST Print View

Go to Madrid and try every boot on El Rastro. It's open on Sundays and there are about a dozen mountain shops, plus barrabes in O'donnell street. Ademas unas cañitas nunca están de más.

It's only 2 hours train ride from the south. Your feet will thank you.