The price isn't the best we've seen in Gear Deals, someone said they got a members-only offer from one dealer and a coupon code then took it down to $90. Ouch.
Still, I think with the issues with the Jetboil, I'd not pay $149+tax in my local store, happy with the $101 we all paid to O2Gearshop, because if I don't like and sell then I need only sell for $101 to break-even and walk away with some wisdom.
I have a number of worries, in my case coming from a Trangia 27 stove, the Jetboil being over 1Kg lighter when factoring fuel for a 5 day trip
- ability to get low heat for simmering
- Ti and burning food at the bottom
- stirring in a tall/wide pot shape (and impact on burning)
- 0.8L being a bit too small, I've stirred foods out of a 1L pot
- fuel rationing, not knowing how much fuel left, rationing too little vs too much
- stability of the stack when stirring
I have to re-learn my cooking habits but some of these issues are core to the Jetboil Sol Ti.
Note the Jetboil does one thing well, boil water fast, hence its name, the Sol Ti just takes it into a lighter zone where it wins more of the BPL arguments.