Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Jetboil Sol Ti cheap $119.99 before coupon
Display Avatars Sort By:
Jeremy Crow
(crowmag) - F

Locale: Arizona
Jetboil Sol Ti cheap $119.99 before coupon on 01/26/2012 19:52:16 MST Print View

Hi,
First post. I've been lurking for awhile silently learning but figured I would share this deal if anyone's interested. O2gearshop.com JetBoil Sol Ti sale $119.99 free shipping use coupon code O2ups15 for an extra 15% off. Those are all Ohs in the code and web site not zeros. Hope it works for ya.

Andrew Jennings
(breaktheshoal) - MLife

Locale: West of the Mississippi
Thanks for lurking, Jeremy! on 01/26/2012 20:29:33 MST Print View

While I am still waiting for the opportunity to pick up a Backcountry Boiler, for my trips out to Death Valley the JetBoil Sol Ti was still high on my wish list. And for $101.96? Yes, please! Thanks for the tip and the promo coupon (worked like a charm)... Feel free to stop by anytime!

Nathan Watts
(7sport) - MLife
out of stock on 01/27/2012 05:09:05 MST Print View

Thanks for the tip. Been trying to get one of these. Looks like I missed the opportunity here as its showing as out of stock when I try to order

Michael Schwartz
(greenwalk) - MLife

Locale: PA & Ireland
Jetboil Sol Ti cheap $119.99 before coupon on 01/27/2012 15:48:37 MST Print View

Worked for me. $101.00. Thanks, man, and welcome. --M

Jim W.
(jimqpublic) - MLife

Locale: So-Cal
Re: Jetboil Sol Ti cheap $101 on 01/27/2012 15:55:30 MST Print View

Crap! I paid $89 for an Aluminum version on Ebay 'cause I wasn't willing to spend $50 to save two ounces. I would have certainly paid $11 more though.

Nathan Watts
(7sport) - MLife
back in stock? on 01/27/2012 16:37:51 MST Print View

Well after seeing someone after me had some success I gave it another shot....and it worked. Looks like its not in stock but due to ship in about a week or so

Thanks for the heads up on a great deal

Nigel Healy
(nigelhealy) - F

Locale: San Francisco bay area
ummed ahhed and now gone on 01/28/2012 10:39:32 MST Print View

I had this in my cart last night, 5-7 days til shipping, decided to sleep on it.
Now it won't let me buy it, out-of-stock.

Edited by nigelhealy on 01/28/2012 10:40:30 MST.

Nigel Healy
(nigelhealy) - F

back in stock :) on 01/30/2012 09:25:40 MST Print View

Through yesterday and today I kept reloading, showed out-of-stock and was removed from their stoves menu. Tried just now and it showed back in stock. Ordered. Anyone who wants this at this price just keep reloading every few hours.

If it disappears off the main menu here's direct link

http://www.o2gearshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=1&products_id=32666

1 x JetBoil Sol Titanium Personal Cooking System - Sand - S11 (SOL-TIS11) = $101.96
Size One Size
Ships After 5-7 Business Days
Not Guaranteed for Holiday Delivery
------------------------------------------------------
Sub-Total: $119.95
Discount Coupon O2UPS15 applied: -$17.99
Free Shipping (For orders of $49 or more (UPS economy)): $0.00
Total: $101.96

Edited by nigelhealy on 01/30/2012 09:27:53 MST.

diego dean
(cfionthefly) - M
sale on 01/30/2012 10:37:32 MST Print View

I just did it and it worked. Very glad as I thought I had missed out. Says 5-7 days to ship from them, and then who knows how long to get to my house... We shall see.

Joseph R
(Dianoda) - MLife

Locale: Chicago, IL
OOS again on 01/30/2012 10:48:20 MST Print View

Ouch, that was fast. Had one in my cart but it sold out before I could finish checkout. Guess I'll have to keep checking back...

Nigel Healy
(nigelhealy) - F

yes keep trying on 01/30/2012 12:55:13 MST Print View

I think between lurkers here and non-BPL's they're selling from their supplier fast. Other dealers doing the same $120 are sold out. Keep trying. I don't know when the 15% discount ends, might be end-of-month tomorrow?

I have a text file with all my CC details which the browser won't save. I can paste and order quicker.

This is like ebay bid wars, who's fastest on the keyboard and a whole lot of luck.

I don'tt need mine til April so 7 days + shipping is fine for me.

Hey if you turn this burner down there are 4g/500ml benchmarks in around-freezing temps so that's 20L/250g canister of boiling water with about 3mins/500ml boil times. Or just go for 2mins boil times and its about 12L.

Edited by nigelhealy on 01/30/2012 13:07:12 MST.

Joseph R
(Dianoda) - MLife

Locale: Chicago, IL
Re: yes keep trying on 01/31/2012 12:51:16 MST Print View

Finally got one. Immediately after my order I re-checked stock and the Sol Ti was shown as OOS again. My recommendation for others interested is to keep trying as I did - it looks like they restock relatively frequently but with very low quantities per restock (possibly one at a time). Coupon code still works btw.

Also, I blame BPL's glowing review for this purchase.

Nigel Healy
(nigelhealy) - F

odd the way they restock on 01/31/2012 13:15:03 MST Print View

I hope this isn't returned to factory don't work Sol Ti heading back out with the igniters bent back :^)

I'm a 30yr Alcohol stove user and this my first canister stove. I'm eager to know if criticisms of unreliability are correct. Still, a light possibly-functional canister system will arrive in about 2 weeks.

Hey, I wonder if a small esbit stove will fit inside if the whole thing reverts to basically a 0.8L mug :)

Andrew Jennings
(breaktheshoal) - MLife

Locale: West of the Mississippi
Bad Igniters? on 01/31/2012 13:24:56 MST Print View

Hey Nigel,

Just read your post, and while I hope the steep discount on 02gearshop isn't the result of a defective batch, do you happen to have a link to the reviews where users found the Sol Ti unreliable (igniters bent back)?

Thanks!

Konrad .
(Konrad1013) - MLife
igniters on 01/31/2012 13:47:38 MST Print View

I'm pretty sure Nigel was just making light of the situation, and not describing an actual occurrence. That said, piezo igniters on all canister stoves suck. Ask anyone who's tried to use one at elevation or in extreme cold. Not a defect in the jetboil in anyway, but rather, just the nature of the igniter.

Nigel Healy
(nigelhealy) - F

joking but based on some reviews on 01/31/2012 15:13:05 MST Print View

So there was a review of an issue with the starter

http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/Cook%20Gear/Stoves/Jetboil%20Sol%20Ti%20Advanced%20Cooking%20System/Test%20Report%20by%20Brett%20Haydin/

The relevant wording quoting from Brett Haydin:

"The piezoelectric starter was a little problematic early on for me. I found it extremely difficult to rely on it to start my stove; at times it took a dozen tries before I could get an ignition. It was on my last trip that I finally managed to get it down. I happened to talk to a Jetboil staff member and described my challenges. He explained to me that there is a "perfect orientation" of the wiring that ensures near perfect reliability. First, the wire should be pointed towards the center. Second, he told me I could bend the wire up or down to find a reliable distance; he assured me it shouldn't break if I am careful. In any case, there is extra wire I can pull through if it does. When I went back into camp, I inspected my wire and sure enough, it was skewed to one side. Once I pointed it dead center, it has been a one-click-start every time! "

I'm willing to give a shot, I just parted with $101 hopefully for something more reliable than a 0.8L Ti pot on an ornament calling itself a stove. :)

I'm also thinking now about a Caldera Cone system as a fallback to put around the Jetboil Sol Ti pot in event I suffer canister/stove type issues. I can see it my mind's eye and I'm sure its already thought of and someone already tried it, I just not looked around yet. But, a cone which not going up the full height of the Jetboil pot, so will need some pegs to hold it, will make a cone short enough to fit inside the pot or at least wrap around it, say inside the sleeve? and a Gramcracker and say 2 Esbit cubes will fit inside if you're not carrying the pot stand???

"Jetboil contains a cone 2-meal backup" ? Useful in event of mechnical damage, in case you misjudge cannister capacity, add say 50g-70g type weight?

I should start a thread on that exactly that topic really.

Rob E
(eatSleepFish)

Locale: Canada
backup lighter on 01/31/2012 15:17:12 MST Print View

You should be carrying a lighter (or other incendiary) as a backup for this stove anyway. The original PCS I have has a pouch on the side of the neoprene cozy to hold a lighter that I keep a mini bic in when I am using it on multi-day journeys.

Nigel Healy
(nigelhealy) - F

will flint+steel be the most reliable backup lighter? on 01/31/2012 15:20:07 MST Print View

I've seen a lot of flint+steel on Alcohol stoves, is that a good idea as backup for the Jetboil? I was thinking NOT as you're basically moving tough stuff near a relatively flimsy stove, whilst with Alcohol stoves you're doing at something much more robust.

Yes, a small backup Bic type lighter would be prudent. Risk of it igniting accidently inside the pot though? I've don't know much about lighters

Bob Gross
(--B.G.--) - F

Locale: Silicon Valley
Re: will flint+steel be the most reliable backup lighter? on 01/31/2012 15:39:34 MST Print View

"Yes, a small backup Bic type lighter would be prudent. Risk of it igniting accidently inside the pot though? I've don't know much about lighters"

A mini-Bic lighter is about as foolproof as you can get, and I can't imagine how it would ignite inside a pot (while being carried?). Even if the butane runs out, you still have the sparker wheel on it, and that is sufficient to start most fires.

--B.G.--

Rob E
(eatSleepFish)

Locale: Canada
Re: will flint+steel be the most reliable backup lighter? on 01/31/2012 15:46:11 MST Print View

I'd prefer a bic lighter to a flint + steel: you can operate the lighter with one hand, while using your other hand to turn the gas on the jet boil. If you use the flight and steel with two hands, you have to turn the gas on, then strike the flint, and if it doesn't catch the first time, you are wasting fuel and are going to have poof of fuel combust in your face when it does catch. You also run the risk of knocking the jet boil over with the flint + steel, and you are putting your hands pretty close to the "business end" of the jet boil.

I have tried magnesium and flight and steel fire starters before, but I am just not a fan, and stick to bic lighters.

Edited by eatSleepFish on 01/31/2012 15:47:28 MST.