Forum Index » Chaff » spring fevah?! who's got it?

Display Avatars Sort By:
Leslie Thurston
(lesler) - F

Locale: right here, right now
spring fevah?! who's got it? on 01/24/2012 06:29:02 MST Print View

i want to ride my bicycle, i want to ride my bike....
is anyone else ou there joensin' for the birds and the bees?
lt

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife
Re: spring fevah?! who's got it? on 01/24/2012 06:46:31 MST Print View

Sorry to say I am still waiting for winter to really show up here. I want to go snow camping. Just getting some in the mountains this last storm. You folks back east.. that's another story.

Travis Leanna
(T.L.) - MLife

Locale: Wisconsin
Re: Re: spring fevah?! who's got it? on 01/24/2012 06:50:33 MST Print View

This is my first year actually getting to do some winter camping, and I just got a few new pieces of gear for the cold. Still stoked on winter right now, but I'm sure come end of February, the dark and gray will be wearing on me.

Doug I.
(idester) - MLife

Locale: MidAtlantic
Re: Re: spring fevah?! who's got it? on 01/24/2012 06:54:59 MST Print View

Not back east mid-atlantic. I had enough snow to build a 6 inch snowman Sunday. Not making that up. Back to green grass today (not even brown). I guess some of the higher elevations have some snow, but it's in the 50s here today.

Jake D
(JakeDatc) - F

Locale: Bristol,RI
Re: Re: Re: spring fevah?! who's got it? on 01/24/2012 07:10:24 MST Print View

Yep, snowshoed in 10" of snow sunday, riding my bike in upper 40's today. yard is 100% grass again.

Eugene Smith
(Eugeneius) - MLife

Locale: Nuevo Mexico
"spring fevah?! who's got it?" on 01/24/2012 07:21:50 MST Print View

I'm enjoying the birds and the bees, gotta love the high desert!

Paul Magnanti
(PaulMags) - MLife

Locale: People's Republic of Boulder
I love winter... on 01/24/2012 07:38:40 MST Print View

Sorry..I love winter too much.

Grab my skis, throw some Blue Extra on and off I go... :)

Ski!

Edited by PaulMags on 01/24/2012 07:39:11 MST.

Leslie Thurston
(lesler) - F

Locale: right here, right now
winter, like winter USED to be... on 01/24/2012 08:36:51 MST Print View

i too! dig winter! but man, these pseudo-winters are J-U-N-K!!!!!!!!
as a kid, we played hockey startng on thanksgiving and reluctantly retired in april. green grass in the dead of january? the recurring cancelling of traditional winter events (pond hockey tournies, dogsledding races and ice fishing derbies to name a few) b/c snow is as as rare as children playing outside? and no cycling just yet. salt is evil unto itself and black ice on the roads a close second.
weak winter, WEAK.

Sarah Kirkconnell
(sarbar) - F

Locale: In the shadow of Mt. Rainier
Re: spring fevah?! who's got it? on 01/24/2012 16:46:07 MST Print View

I just want to be able to hike. Or walk. Without needing to walk at 0.25 MPH and seeing senior citizens blow past me :-D

Photobucket

And I still have FOUR WEEKS more. :-O

HK Newman
(hknewman) - MLife

Locale: Western US
Spring fevah? on 01/24/2012 21:36:14 MST Print View

Not really. Either snow sports in the Sangres, roughing it on a trail that would be a piece of cake in the summer ..

Snowed in trail Sandias ...

or taking it easy in Tucson AZ last week getting over the flu ...Oranges in Tucson

The Southwest has a cure for what ails you !!!

Jay Wilkerson
(Creachen) - MLife

Locale: East Bay
Spring Fevah? I got it bad ! on 01/24/2012 21:45:42 MST Print View

I call it Cabin Fever but I guess they are one in the same.

Ken Thompson at Henry Coe last GGG.

Edited by Creachen on 01/24/2012 21:48:58 MST.

Nick Gatel
(ngatel) - MLife

Locale: Southern California
Re: spring fevah?! who's got it? on 01/25/2012 00:56:02 MST Print View

Here where I live each year we have spring, summer, spring. Three seasons. Mountains are close by, so if I have a need for winter it doesn't take long. Perfect set-up IMO :)

Terry Trimble
(socal-nomad) - F

Locale: North San Diego county
spring fevah?! who's got it? on 01/25/2012 12:00:11 MST Print View

I live in North San Diego county two blocks from the beach we are get our clear sky Summer in the Fall and Winter right now. Then in the late spring and summer most days we get our June gloom we call it because it mostly overcast skies except for a few hours in the summer.

I was really able to appreciate Southern California's Santana winters holidays after living in Denver for one winter in the USAF. This poor southern California boy froze is butt off and had all his knuckles cracking and bleeding because of the cold dry air. Getting around Denver and also running 10 miles a day in the snow sucks that all I got say.

I once hit the dawn patrol surfing then drove out to Desert Hot Springs to skate the nude bowl in the afternoon and then went night skiing at snow summit all in one day then back home on the coast.
I think Southern California is one of the few place you can experience so many different climates in one day.
Terry
PS:

Edited by socal-nomad on 01/25/2012 12:08:57 MST.

Erik Basil
(EBasil) - M

Locale: Atzlan
Totally have it on 01/25/2012 17:14:21 MST Print View

Yes, I am going insane after last weekend's rain that made trails too muddy for my boots or tires and deposited a fresh coat of dust and grit all over a particular hill we skate on in spare moments. We've been locked out for days!

Happily, the long, cold, wet, vicious winter is now over and it will be 75+f this weekend when I participate in a Class 5 ascent of Mt. Woodson via the classic route. (Hey, it sounds pretty gnar when I put it that way... and we're doing it Rheinhold Messner style without O2.) And on to the next round of winter and cabin fever, the next time mean old Mother Nature robs me of the San Diego weather I pay so dearly for.

Ben Wortman
(bwortman)

Locale: Nebraska
Little snow please on 01/26/2012 12:39:47 MST Print View

I am stilo looking for our fist real snow this winter. I usually try to do at least 1 winter campout, but it is not the same camping on brown grass. If it does ever snow enough for a campout, I can get it out of my system and will be ready for the spring!