Forum Index » Chaff » Thank You BPL

Display Avatars Sort By:
David Maxwell
(DavidMaxwell)

Locale: eastern, tn
Thank You BPL on 01/21/2012 09:21:00 MST Print View

I've been visiting this site for about 3-4 months now. I regularly visit a couple of other sites related to where I hike. [The AT] And after my last surgery in Nov I have had alot of time on my computer. Well, because of my surgery I need to find a way to lower my packweight if I want to be able to keep hiking. So I started with the search engines and started plugging in things to research. Alot of them led me to BPL. I have always heard of BPL but I always thought it was a pay to view site. Since I'm a wage slave[haha] I never came here to check this site out. Actually I'm a non wage earner since my 3 back surgeries. So money is very tight. But thats ok. I don't mind. I love to fish and hike. And I have all of that where I live. ...

So after finally visiting the site a few times I was very impressed. There is a ton of usefull information here. There is also a Great amount of knowledge from the everyone who post here. So first let me say' Thank You Everyone". [even the trouble makers, haha]. The articles are fun to read every night till my eyes get blurry.

I also need to send a Big "Thank You" to the donor who signed me up for a membership to BPL. The kindness of your giving warms the heart. ... Backpackers have to be some of the best people around!!!!!

And one more big 'Thank You' goes out to someone I never met. Someone on here sent me two packs so I could see if they will work for me. He didn't even know me as I was brand new to visiting this site. They are some cool packs that he made himself. Thank You again. I can't wait to pif. Hopefully I'll be in a better postion to do so this spring.

So ............ Thank You BPL

Edited by DavidMaxwell on 01/21/2012 09:24:34 MST.

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife

Locale: Behind the Redwood Curtain
Re: Thank You BPL on 01/21/2012 09:49:12 MST Print View

Great story. Welcome to BPL.
I'm one of the troublemakers. Pleased to meet you.

Katharina ....
(Kat_P) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Coast
Re: Re: Thank You BPL on 01/21/2012 10:51:01 MST Print View

What Ken said, word by word.

No, really, this is a great place and what unites us is a love for the outdoors, not any particular ideology. That is why we can disagree so much on the chaffy stuff, but we also learn because we are not just among like minded people.
And yes, there are some very kind and generous people here that share with real grace.
Welcome!

Ken Helwig
(kennyhel77) - MLife

Locale: Scotts Valley CA via San Jose, CA
Re: Re: Re: Thank You BPL on 01/21/2012 10:56:35 MST Print View

David, well said...welcome to our sickness