Forum Index » Gear Swap » PIF - for paying and nonpaying members alike!

Display Avatars Sort By:
Doug I.
(idester) - MLife

Locale: MidAtlantic
PIF - for paying and nonpaying members alike! on 01/20/2012 14:50:29 MST Print View

This PIF is open to all members - paying and not.

I'm offering good will, understanding, a common bond, a relaxed and jovial attitude, friendly banter, and whatever backpacking information/tips&tricks I possess. These things seem to be in short supply lately, so I'm happy to share what I've got with all of you! PIF rules apply, you must share the same with others, preferably in the forums!

Life is short, and so are certain parts of my anatomy, so no sense in taking it all so seriously. Especially when most of it is really kinda trivial! Yes, so are certain parts of my anatomy...... ;-)

Emmett Lyman
(ejl10) - F - M

Locale: Mid Atlantic
Re:PIF - for paying and nonpaying members alike!" on 01/20/2012 15:04:45 MST Print View

Thanks man, I could use some good will! Happy to share some with others, per the PIF rules.

David Thomas
(DavidinKenai) - MLife

Locale: North Woods. Far North.
Re: PIF - for paying and nonpaying members alike! on 01/20/2012 15:22:44 MST Print View

Doug, you are jovial. I've tried my hand at it and failed. Guess I'll keep PIFing sticky foil tape to members and non-members alike.

That and theories. Love my theories. But actual data is always better.

Yeah, I noticed your hair was pretty short. Personally, I don't think of it as going bald. I think of it as gaining face.

a b
(Ice-axe)
PIF - for paying and nonpaying members alike on 01/20/2012 15:32:19 MST Print View

I accept your PIF Doug!
I can still remember the sense of comeraderie and friendship I found in person at last years GGG in Henry Coe.
BPL'ers are good folks.
The recent phenomena of nastiness on BPL is Cabin fever. This happens on web boards and email lists as well.
People are much nicer in person once you met them.
There is something lost or mis-interpereted when human personality is confined/reduced to typed words on a blog.
As an interesting aside; even an unpleasant person can be sweet when teaching another.
Anyhow.. Bravo Doug!
The Trail Unites Us.

Edited by Ice-axe on 01/20/2012 15:33:53 MST.

Thom Darrah
(thomdarrah) - MLife

Locale: Southern Oregon
PIF - for paying and nonpaying members alike! on 01/20/2012 15:46:23 MST Print View

Doug, I do not accept your PIF, heck with your good will and warm feelings - give me gear!

Joking aside your intentions will be well received I'm sure.

Dave U
(FamilyGuy) - F

Locale: Rockies
Re: PIF - for paying and nonpaying members alike! on 01/20/2012 15:48:00 MST Print View

"I'm offering good will, understanding, a common bond, a relaxed and jovial attitude, friendly banter, and whatever backpacking information/tips&tricks I possess. "

Obviously it is the scotch talking.

chris kersten
(xanadu) - F

Locale: here
I'll take it. on 01/20/2012 17:36:33 MST Print View

If the ones in front of me change their mind, I could use it. How much is the shipping? Paypal?

eric lansford
(PapaSherpa)

Locale: PNW
PIF Rules on 01/20/2012 18:37:10 MST Print View

Ok, so I am a new member and have tried to 'look-up" or seach the rules for PIF (pay it forward) however, could someone offer me the "official" rules of PIF? Other than simply joining?

Please and thanks.

Papa Sherpa

Edited by PapaSherpa on 01/20/2012 18:51:47 MST.

David Thomas
(DavidinKenai) - MLife

Locale: North Woods. Far North.
Re: PIF Rules on 01/20/2012 19:08:00 MST Print View

Eric,

I'm new, too. This PIF is tongue-in-cheek but heart-felt. Concernign actual shipping of gear:

My understanding of PIF - Pay it Forward - is that, when you can, you donate a similar-ish value item to others in the community. No record-keeping, it's on the honor system.

David

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife
Re: PIF - for paying and nonpaying members alike! on 01/20/2012 19:11:58 MST Print View

I'm going to miss you next month Doug. I'll do what I can out here.

eric lansford
(PapaSherpa)

Locale: PNW
PIF Rules on 01/21/2012 11:33:33 MST Print View

got it.

thanks.