1. Skills, all the gear in the world wouldn't help without them:
tracking, hunting, trapping, first aid/extended treatment, edible/medicinal plants, navigation, escape and evasion, camoflauge, self defense, etc. Man I hope I have time to practice otherwise I am $%^&#@!
2. UL woodstove/tent combo(stealth colors) Ti Goat or Kifaru something in the 10 pound range (the kifaru in my avatar is 25 lbs with stove but is 12 person and pre- silnylon)
3. Lightish large capacity pack: packboard type external frame, Ula epic, or bomber internal ie mchal/mystery ranch/etc (stealth color)
4. High quality down 0 degree down bag with ul black bivy for stealth camps
5. " " Hooded jacket and pants
6. Hiking, midlayer, rain gear, hats and gloves from cabelas or someplace similar camoflauge
7. 2qt ti pot with pan lid and ti spoons and MLD trapper type mugs for the whole family
8. tenkara and accessories ( since this is 0 degree morning internet hiking fantasy Ill pretend I have the skills to use it)
9. takedown recurve bow with arrows etc
10.Tops Tracker knife
11. Quality neck knife with fire steel and tinder
13. whatever water filter out there that can be cleaned and backflushed to provide the longest life and a nalgene bottle and larger capacity soft sided
14. dynamo powered radio/flashlight
15. accessories: couple hundred feet of cordage, first aid supplies, lightest headlamp with extra batteries, small repair kit, shapening stone, foldin saw, ul trowel or snow stake
16. compact, shelf stable, high calorie, food
17. Some sort of firearms which I know very little about, lightish with lightish and readily available ammo 22.?
18. civilization survival tools: id, passport, credit/bank cards, cash. Just in case it was all a big misunderstanding
Wow! I am officially spending too much time on the internet between my baby daughter and the winter. Maybe I should take up MYOG.