Forum Index » GEAR » Update Seedhouse SL1 & SL2

Display Avatars Sort By:
Mike W
(skopeo) - F

Locale: British Columbia
Update Seedhouse SL1 & SL2 on 01/19/2012 00:44:39 MST Print View

I just noticed that Big Agnes has updated the Seedhouse SL1 and SL2.

The listed weight of the SL1 is 5 oz lighter than the previous SL1. That puts it within 3 oz of the Fly Creek UL1. Sounds like Big Agnes is competing with themselves.

I personally preferred the Seedhouse over the Fly Creek that I have now but there used to be a half pound difference in weight between the two tents so I didn't mind the loss of space. With only a 3 oz difference I'd rather have the Updated Seedhouse SL1 as it provides quite a bit more room than the Fly Creek.

https://www.bigagnes.com/Products/Detail/Tent/SeedhouseSL12012

Rob Daly
(rdaly) - F - M

Locale: Midwest
not for me on 01/19/2012 05:56:30 MST Print View

I never liked the Seedhouse design. With the single ridge pole the sides of the tent 'sucked in' and touched your shoulders if you were sitting up in the tent. The height inside wasn't very good for me either, and I'm only 6'1". So, for me I don't care if it weighed 1 pound I wouldn't want it.

Mike W
(skopeo) - F

Locale: British Columbia
Updated Seedhouse SL1 & SL2 on 01/19/2012 13:59:05 MST Print View

I don't have any issue with the headroom in the Seedhouse and I'm 6' tall. The Fly Creek is a different story and it is very tight for headroom. The picture below is a photo that compares the Fly Creek to the Seedhouse. The Seedhouse has far more headroom than the Fly Creek.

My son is shown in both tents and he's 6' 1". Just goes to show you that we all have a different perspective regarding adequate roominess in our shelters.

The Seedhouse is on the left, Fly Creek on the right.

head room

Edited by skopeo on 01/19/2012 14:00:47 MST.