Ok, here's some pics guys. Sorry about the poor camera phone quality. My pot won't win any beauty contests but it worked. I had too much time invested to worry about aesthetics on this one.
I found it was easier to rip strips out of the foil tape and do the fins individually rather than folding fins out of one long strip like I did with my last stove. I was also able to make the fins a little smaller, instead of using the full 1.5"? width of the tape.
Just make sure you press the fins onto the can really good, before you use it the first time, as any exposed adhesive will be rendered useless if exposed to the heat. One nice thing, is that you can replace individual fins this way if over time they fall/break off, melt, etc.
And, yes, the fins do fold for storage. My last pot, I didn't even store in anything, just threw it in a relatively safe spot in my pack.
As the other thread was getting into, fin configuration may make a difference, so feel free to mess with that. And feel free to check on fuel consumption, but personally, I'm sick of boiling water for now...
The "insert photo" wasn't working for me, sorry.
P.S. That's a generous offer David!