KlearWater as mouthwash & skin treatment
Display Avatars Sort By:
fred baltimore
(oldranger) - F
klearwater/brett et al on 02/26/2007 10:32:08 MST Print View

I don't usually post but can't let this pass.
Look at the Purell label. Alcohol. 99.9% of "Germs."
What happened to 6 log, 4 log, 3 log kills for bacteria, virus, giardia. Purell very risky at best. If you want to save money, just bring some isopropyl alcohol, no need to get Purell. Stay light, find one product for all!
I have been ill in the field in remote area. Bad experience. Now I just buy the best available. Spending 13 bucks to save my trip is well worth it. I have used KW for wounds. It burned a bit but worked well. Cleaned wound, applied band aid, applied KW through the holes. Never had a shelf life issue but I keep in the bottle in the glass/plastic container. Plan to buy the Dr. RJ recommended droppers. One more note. I have read that those so-called chlorine dioxide pills do not work on bacteria in film where most bacteria are anyway. Anyone know about this.

Ben 2 World
(ben2world) - MLife

Locale: So Cal
Re: klearwater/brett et al on 02/26/2007 14:57:51 MST Print View

Edited by ben2world on 02/26/2007 15:33:17 MST.

Douglas Frick
(Otter) - MLife

Locale: Wyoming
Re: Re: klearwater/brett et al on 02/28/2007 21:09:22 MST Print View

Here is a new thread about mechanical as well as chemical water treatment.

Edited by Otter on 02/28/2007 21:23:26 MST.

paul johnson
(pj) - F

Locale: LazyBoy in my Den - miss the forest
Re: klearwater/brett et al on 03/01/2007 03:27:19 MST Print View

Fred, search the Forums for the term "biofilm". That's the issue to which you refer.

Also, check the BPL On-Line store. There might(???) be an article reprint for purchase (a couple of bucks or less???) that comes from a back BPL print mag issue (issue #2, IIRC???) that presents University research performed by DrJ & a student in this area.

Michael Mangold
(mkmangold) - F
Rhus dermatitis on 03/08/2007 23:01:56 MST Print View

Speaking of Purell hand sanitizer, has anyone else used it for poison ivy/oak exposure? I have and depending on the time since exposure, it worked great for decontaminating the resin.

paul johnson
(pj) - F

Re: Rhus dermatitis on 03/08/2007 23:37:17 MST Print View

I have not used it. However, for decades, when around home, my family and i have used soap and water. Works well, in my experience, when the oleoresin is washed off within 10-20 minutes of contact. Keep in mind that the oleoresin can be transferred later from clothing-to-skin, and skin-to-skin (i.e. from one area to another), so clothing should be changed (when possible), and other body parts may need to cleansed also.

Summit CO
(Summit) - F

Locale: 9300ft
Tablets, Wounds, Bleach on 03/29/2007 13:36:21 MDT Print View

"[Tablets] are great for emergency only. Also, ever try to wash hands or treat wounds with a pill?"
Easy... dissolve tablet in very small amount of water and you have the equivelent of klearwater liquid.

I don't think I'd be pouring Chlorine Dioxide into wounds... that doesn't match with current teaching.

I would also like to see this WHO study that says bleach is ineffective (and for what)?

paul johnson
(pj) - F

Re: Tablets, Wounds, Bleach on 03/29/2007 15:05:17 MDT Print View

Bleach vs. Crypto

http://www.co.missoula.mt.us/ENVHealth/Crypto%20FAQs.pdf

just one of a number of "hits" with similar info.

----------------

Bleach vs. Giardia

http://www.bchealthguide.org/healthfiles/pdf/hfile10.pdf
http://www.bccdc.org/topic.php?item=76

just two of a number of "hits" with similar info.

in all cases search for "bleach".