(FamilyGuy) - F

Locale: Rockies
Insane Motorcycle Race on 01/16/2012 11:26:25 MST Print View

http://zanylol.com/insane_race.html

Sean Staplin
(mtnrat) - MLife

Locale: Southern Cdn Rockies
Insane on 01/16/2012 12:29:33 MST Print View

I have seen that before. Truly crazy. I think they could go faster if it wasn't for the extra wind drag from the size of their balls.

Trevor Wilson
(trevor83) - MLife

Locale: ATL -- Zurich -- SF Bay Area
Re: Insane on 01/16/2012 15:02:36 MST Print View

"I think they could go faster if it wasn't for the extra wind drag from the size of their balls."

hilarious

Miguel Arboleda
(butuki) - MLife

Locale: Kanto Plain, Japan
Re: Insane Motorcycle Race on 01/16/2012 16:08:15 MST Print View

Back in the 90's I had an Irish friend who used to do this kind of street racing at NIGHT in the hills around the town I lived in in central Japan (Shizuoka). He was insane! (and became a professional motorcycle racer in Australia).

I sure would hate to have my house along the crash zone of one of these motorcycles!

This is also pretty insane: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-c_7fRq_19s&feature=endscreen

David Thomas
(DavidinKenai) - MLife

Locale: North Woods. Far North.
Re: Re: Insane Motorcycle Race on 01/16/2012 17:15:10 MST Print View

>"I sure would hate to have my house along the crash zone of one of these motorcycles!"

Watching those motorcyclists zoom past those stone houses, I wasn't worried about the occupants of the houses.

If people go to the races to watch the crashes, is the same true of watching race videos? I really didn't need to see that guy go cartwheeling off that hillside, down that slope amongst the stone walls FOUR TIMES. I cringed every time. (the Isle of Man video, I'm sure the Japanese one is exciting too, but probably too exciting for me). I'll just go hike about the grizzlies instead.

Terry Trimble
(socal-nomad) - F

Locale: North San Diego county
Insane Motorcycle Race on 01/17/2012 11:46:48 MST Print View

Isle of Man TT is famous Tourist trophy race is awesome to watch. I rode motorcycles for fun from age 10 till 18 mostly in the dirt enduro stuff I was pretty good.

When I got out out of the air force my main transportation was motorcycle street riding is dangerous. I rode my motorcycle like it was car no lane splitting on freeways in less traffic was dead stop,I did ride my motorcycle 120 mph on a low traffic hours on a freeway it's scary as hell to me . After really bad work related hernia operation I sold my motorcycle.

But certain people like riding street that fast for their adrenalin rush. After awhile once you learn the skills to ride like that it becomes a learned skill and second nature. But you do have take your falls to learn.

I was not attracted to the street racing of motorcycles because in skateboarding I took some bad high speed falls down hilling it not fun walking around with 3" to 8" diameter of patches of skin missing and have your clothes and sheets stick to the scabs while they heal.
I did learn from the skateboard falls, I eventually became a factory sponsored skateboarder and then turned pro to finally get out of judging contests every other weekend and backyard pool riding was taking a toll on my ankles from falls in my early 30's.I sprained my ankles so many times I owned a pairs of crutches. Skateboarding was my adrenaline rush.

My little brother Jimmy made the most money out of the action sports he was a Pro half pipe rider from age 10 to 20 for team Rollerblade till they downsized their company. Then he was a free agent skated till he as age 30. He was in all 3 mighty ducks movies as stunt double for Charlie that main character.Played his self in the movie Airborne,Did quite a few commercials.
He also was on Tool Time TV show he was the stunt double the next neighbor of Tim Allen you only see half his face over the fence built a half pipe to skate on Rollerblades,He still get residual check from that show. He traveled all over the world also doing demos.
Every summer he was in Knott's Berry farms spinning wheels show also did some demos with Matt Hoffman BMX ramp rider at rock concerts and was also Vip party entertainment before the Super bowl.

When he was 11 he was trying learn backflip on one side of the half pipe to front flip on the other about 10 feet out . He fell so hard even with a helmet on he would get knocked out. He took 4 ambulance rides that summer but he learned from each fall mastered the trick and then hardly would fall any more after that summer even when learning new tricks. Then he retired at age 30 because it was taking a toll on his body also.

So to put it nut shell you have to take your falls to learn in action sports and turn pro eventually.

Terry