FS: Granite Gear Nimbus Meridian Pack (Mens) & REI Venturi 30 Pack (Womens)
Display Avatars Sort By:
John Mowery
(Mow) - F

Locale: Minnesota, USA
FS: Granite Gear Nimbus Meridian Pack (Mens) & REI Venturi 30 Pack (Womens) on 01/13/2012 14:35:59 MST Print View

Hey there! So I have a couple packs for sale. Both in excellent, perfect working order and condition. I've lightened my load a bit, and well...the wife just never got going. Need to clear out some space in the closet.

Take a look and let me know if you have any questions.
Prices are SHIPPED CONUS. Packs come from a pet-free, smoke-free home.
PAYPAL ONLY!

I used the Nimbus Meridian on just a few trips, and my wife used hers on ONE day trip. Its basically new.

1) Granite Gear Nimbus Meridian - $189

Regular Torso - 18"-22"
Medium Waist Belt - 30"-34"
Torso Sizes: short | regular
Weight: 1.6kg | 3lbs 8oz
Capacity: 60 liters | 3800 cubic inches
Suspension: Topoflex Internal Frame
Load Capacity: 40lbs | 18kg

This is the pack GG built for Trauma when he told them he wanted to hike 10,000 Miles. Also won Outdoor Gear of the Year - Top Lightweight Pack.

Thing is bomber. Just a solid pack all around, super comfortable. Some of my pics mixed in with MFG pics. As you can see, I took the top lid off and fished with it on day trips from camp. It held a full Platy 2L bladder, couple fly boxes, rainjacket, and my lunch.

FROM GG:
"The missing link in our Nimbus lineup! The Meridian is a top loader with a floating lid/fanny pack and a single vertical zipper front access panel. It was specifically designed to withstand the rigors of the 10,000 miles of hiking our extreme pack tester Justin Lichter endured in 2006. "Trauma", as he is known as on the trail, started November 3rd 2005 and completed over 10,000 miles 356 days later (yes 356 days). Reflective material on the daisy chains and on the shoulder straps insured Trauma would be seen when road hiking at night, they also make it easier to locate the pack in the dark. For slack packing strip off the lid and use it as a fanny pack. Built with the same frame and harness as our award winning Nimbus Ozone the Meridian pack offers the rare combination of durability, convenience, versatility, and comfort in an ultralight trail pack."

gg1

gg2

gg3

gg4

gg5

gg6

gg7

2) REI Venturi 30 - Womens - $58

Almost brand new...only thing missing is the tags. Used on one very beautiful day hike up to Beaver Lake in Colorado. But that's it.

From Gear Flogger: My favorite part - "boobatomically correct"

"REI's slick technical daypack for and women; we tested the SheFlogger version, weighing in at a svelte 2lb 5oz even with its burly tubular aluminum frame. At 1,800 cubic inches there's enough room for a long day out or an ultralight weekend.

Organization is almost perfect with a single top-zippered main compartment and two waterproof-zippered outer pouches: the smaller horizontal pouch on top is perfect for sunglasses and the medium vertical pouch takes extra clothing layers for easy access. Two water bottle sized mesh pockets on the side and two compact camera sized zippered pockets on the waist belt round out the storage options. Technical features include dual ice axe loops, an inner hydration sleeve and hooks to suspend a bladder in between the mesh back panel and the main pack bag to leave more room inside.

The fit is super-comfy with a wide waist belt that tightens with dual forward pulls, a GearFlogger fetish. The curve of the frame leaves plenty of room for airflow across the back, the shoulder straps are boobatomically correct and there's even a whistle built into the sternum strap in case you need to call the SheFloggers to war. Trekking poles stow nicely on the sides under the compression straps. This is a great design that will cover a wide range of activities. If you're a kitchen-sinker step up to the Venturi 40 with 2,400ci."

If you have additional questions or want to buy one of the packs, just hit me up here:

gearfreak77 @ me (dot) com

Thanks much!

Edited by Mow on 01/13/2012 14:36:46 MST.

Steve McQueen
(cpholley) - F

Locale: Minnesota Transplant
sup on 01/23/2012 19:57:56 MST Print View

dude, i love this Meridian pack...if i didn't have one already I'd buy it

Chris York
(SeaofYork) - F
still available? on 07/06/2012 13:44:21 MDT Print View

Howdy - I'm new to the lightweight state of mind, and trying desperately to replace my old yackity backsacks. Is this meridian still around? I'm assuming it probably isn't.