Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Forecast your sex life for the year ahead.
Display Avatars Sort By:
Diplomatic Mike
(MikefaeDundee)

Locale: Under a bush in Scotland
Forecast your sex life for the year ahead. on 01/13/2012 10:14:13 MST Print View

I've nicked this idea from another forum, but it was interesting/amusing to see what folk read.

Turn to page 46 of the book nearest to you(no cheating), and post the first line. Therein lies your 2012 hormonal future.
I was pretty p****d off to have a copy of 'Clarkson and Osbourne Cutting Tool Guide.

'NPT/NPTF American National Taper Pipe'. :)

Thom Darrah
(thomdarrah) - MLife

Locale: Southern Oregon
Forecast your sex life for the year ahead. on 01/13/2012 10:23:14 MST Print View

"Install to withstand gravity, normal and thermally induced movement, as well as to resist deterioration under conditions of heavy use."

From the only book at my desk, a construction specification manual for a current project.

Edited by thomdarrah on 01/13/2012 11:00:53 MST.

Joe Newton
(grayjoe)
Re: Forecast your sex life for the year ahead. on 01/13/2012 10:43:56 MST Print View

You said no cheating so here it is.

"Scar formation, secondary to ulcerative proctitis, also contributes to rectal stricture."

Hope this is not a forecast of things to come in my sex life.

As a veterinary pathologist the nearest book to me on my desk is Special Veterinary Pathology. Any page I go to will predict bad things for my sex life.

Diplomatic Mike
(MikefaeDundee)

Just wet my pants on 01/13/2012 10:52:07 MST Print View

As long as you wash your hands, i'm sure you'll be fine Joe! :)

jim draucker
(mtnjim) - MLife

Locale: Shenandoah Valley VA
Forecast your sex life for the year ahead." on 01/13/2012 10:55:08 MST Print View

There are several good reasons for knowing your ponds water volume.

Diplomatic Mike
(MikefaeDundee)

" on 01/13/2012 10:58:55 MST Print View

Very dry.

Dave U
(FamilyGuy) - F

Locale: Rockies
Re: Forecast your sex life for the year ahead. on 01/13/2012 11:12:09 MST Print View

"History matters - We learn from it and we're shaped by it, but sometimes we do tend to repeat its mistakes."

I think I may be in trouble this year.

Edited by FamilyGuy on 01/13/2012 11:38:39 MST.

David Thomas
(DavidinKenai) - MLife

Locale: North Woods. Far North.
Re: Forecast your sex life for the year ahead. on 01/13/2012 11:16:00 MST Print View

"While the majority of places people live are fair- to middling-sized, a handful, such as New York, have populations that are crazy large, so large they are hard to fit. . "

Sounds dirtier than it is (especially if you remove "places" and "live") - it's a discussion of distribution models of such things as town sizes and incomes. But, apparently, size does matter.

Laurie Ann March
(Laurie_Ann) - F

Locale: Ontario, Canada
lol on 01/13/2012 11:25:40 MST Print View

"Knowing when your insulin peaks is crucial to determining your blood sugar responses to exercise and your need for extra carbohydrate or lower insulin doses."

Diabetic Athlete's Handbook page 46

Exercise in my future?

Edited by Laurie_Ann on 01/13/2012 11:26:12 MST.

Doug I.
(idester) - MLife

Locale: MidAtlantic
Re: Forecast your sex life for the year ahead. on 01/13/2012 11:30:23 MST Print View

"We have tried to make all the information in this Owner's Manual easy to find."

No, it's not for a latex doll. It's for my Mini Cooper.

ed hyatt
(edhyatt) - MLife

Locale: The North; UK
Re: Forecast your sex life for the year ahead on 01/13/2012 11:36:13 MST Print View

Glen More.

Perhaps it's a geographical recommendation for outdoor 'exertions' :-)

James W.
(jimmyjam)

Locale: Mid Atlantic
Re: Forecast your sex life for the year ahead on 01/13/2012 11:36:42 MST Print View

The first book I opened had a blank page 46! Not a good sign.

So I opened the next one and it said "Intent: Reduce heat islands (thermal gradient differences between developed and undeveloped areas) to minimize impact on micrpclimate and human and wildlife habitat". Go figure.

Nick Gatel
(ngatel) - MLife

Locale: Southern California
Re: Forecast your sex life for the year ahead. on 01/13/2012 11:58:20 MST Print View

"I've nicked this idea from another forum, but it was interesting/amusing to see what folk read."

Pun intended?

------------------
"Most people, whether the realize it or not, go into the backcountry because they want to leave behind for a spell, the human-dominated world..."

Actually the first two lines, because the first made no sense.

Steofan The Apostate
(simaulius) - F

Locale: Bohemian Alps
Forecast your sex life for the year ahead on 01/13/2012 11:59:04 MST Print View

"I sat upon the shore
Fishing with the arid plain behind me"

T.S. Eliot, The Waste Land

It's going to be a great year!

Diplomatic Mike
(MikefaeDundee)

Not a wish list on 01/13/2012 12:04:55 MST Print View

Sorry, but i'm not believing that folk always have a 'classic' near to hand.
I missed the pun, Nick. ;)

Samuel Kau
(Skau)

Locale: Southern California
Re: Forecast your sex life for the year ahead. on 01/13/2012 12:05:03 MST Print View

"After all other steps toward creating a character have been complete, the player must choose an alignment for the character." My DnD players handbook... =D

Paul Magnanti
(PaulMags) - MLife

Locale: People's Republic of Boulder
Hmmm on 01/13/2012 12:11:55 MST Print View

The closest book to me is "Die deutsche Grammatik klar gemacht" 2nd Edition.

My fiancee' is from Germany. Trying to not be the total Ugly American, I wanted to at least have some grasp of the German language for our recent two week trip this past holiday season (lots of homemade cooking from scratch; my waistline shows it. The good German beer did not help either. :D).

And what does page 46 of this book show?

" schlagen (to beat) sclägt schlug geschlagen "

I can not add further commentary to that one.....

Tor Magnus Castberg
(logrus)

Locale: Norway
Jackpot on 01/13/2012 12:26:24 MST Print View

Gigabyte motherboard manual:

"Performance Enhance"

HK Newman
(hknewman) - MLife

Locale: Western US
Re: Forecast your sex life for the year ahead on 01/13/2012 12:43:38 MST Print View

"The Great Divide in British Columbia...."

I just got my passport renewed, Coincidence?

Michael L
(mpl_35) - MLife

Locale: The Palouse
Re: Forecast your sex life for the year ahead. on 01/13/2012 13:30:20 MST Print View

First full sentence from a petroleum reference dictionary.

"On a marginal well, the decision to set pipe is often difficult."