San Gorgonio Summit Hike
Display Avatars Sort By:
Andrew Brinkman
(amuroray) - F

Locale: Southern California
San Gorgonio Summit Hike on 01/09/2012 18:47:44 MST Print View

I need help planing my clothing and sleep system for this trip. I plan on going with a few of my friends on February 17 and I'm not sure what the conditions are going to be like. It will be a 2 to 3 day trip. I need recommendations and experience. Anything will help. Thanks.

Nicholas Martin
(namaniac)

Locale: SoCal-High Desert
RE on 01/10/2012 21:02:32 MST Print View

If your interested in having a tag along...i live maybe 30 min from the mountain!
Lately its been pretty calm, but i think some basic climbing gear will get you up and off the mountain....compared to last year, the snowfall has been minimal...but that could change next week....PM me and if you want i can help with getting a better gear list from some friends of mine i know who have done it in the off season....

Samuel Kau
(Skau)

Locale: Southern California
San Gorgornio on 01/13/2012 11:09:36 MST Print View

Hmmm I also live about an hour and a half from San Gorgornio if anyone wants to hike! But for the weather, possibly expect snow but this winter has been quite dry. What trail are you taking up there? Last time I was up there was in November and I only experienced a little bit of snow and I don't think you really need climbing gear to summit but I could be wrong.