Forum Index » Gear Swap » PIB

Display Avatars Sort By:
Doug I.
(idester) - MLife

Locale: MidAtlantic
PIB - Taken on 01/09/2012 08:51:13 MST Print View

You people crack me up. That's why I love it here in BPL land. Anyway, PIB is going to Sam. Curiously, no one from overseas responded. You try to give some people a break..... ;-)

I actually have two pairs of possum down liners, so I'm giving the other pair of liners to Jean-Francois, just because, well...... Besides, Quebec is as close to overseas as you'll get in North America......

Okay, this is a 'pay it backward' (why can't the boy ever do anything like everybody else........sigh......).

You don't have to give anything away to someone else, you just have to say something nice about me (that's the paying it backward part, in case you're confused). Not too nice, mind you, because if it's too nice then I'll blush and be embarrassed and people will check to see where my hands are and we can't have that. Oh, and you have to let me know when you get it, just so I know it actually arrived at its intended destination. That's about it. Probably, about now, you're wondering what the heck I'm actually giving away, and if it's been worth wading through all this tripe to find out. Hmmmmm. I don't know, you'll have to judge for yourself.

Oh, one more thing, this ain't a true first come, first served. Priority goes to a BPL member who is overseas. So first overseas BPL member gets it for the taking. If no one from overseas has responded by tomorrow morning EST, then first U.S./Canadian/South American BPL member to have responded gets it. Yes, BPL members only.

Alright already, what the heck is it? Nothing that grand, actually, but I have had fun taking my time getting here. The PIB is a pair of possum down glove liners and possum down hat. Both in very good condition. No, I'm not taking pictures.

Edited by idester on 01/11/2012 09:25:22 MST.

ben wood
(benwood)

Locale: flatlands of MO
Re: PIB on 01/09/2012 08:54:43 MST Print View

I don't want the items offered, but...

Doug, you are a nice guy

Doug I.
(idester) - MLife

Re: Re: PIB on 01/09/2012 08:59:00 MST Print View

"I don't want the items offered, but...

Doug, you are a nice guy"

Aw shucks, now I'm blushing.....

Doug Reeves
(strawman) - F

Locale: God's Country
Haha... on 01/09/2012 09:05:12 MST Print View

I love it. Nice work Doug. Yep, you're a super nice guy! :)

Link .
(annapurna) - MLife
Re: Re: Re: PIB on 01/09/2012 09:11:17 MST Print View

I don't need the gloves either but you are sweet and handsome,I saw that picture of you on that other thread !

Doug I.
(idester) - MLife

Re: Re: Re: Re: PIB on 01/09/2012 09:19:12 MST Print View

"you are sweet and handsome"

I'm okay with sarcasm too....... ;-)

John Arwood
(johnlarwood)

Locale: Mountians of East Tennessee
PIB on 01/09/2012 12:12:54 MST Print View

Douglas,
I am truly touched by your kind gesture. Knowing myself what it is like to have cold hands or a cold head, or even worse cold hands & a cold head, I believe there may be many, especially overseas, who would be warmed by your kind gift. I myself am in a somewhat warm house & already have a pair of gloves & I believe a hat, somewhere, just in case I happen out of doors & it happens to be cold. I, therefore am not in need of more gloves, nor hats. But I am warmed by your kindness. You certainly are a wonderful person!
With Much Admiration,
John A

Hoot Filsinger
(filsinger) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Northwest
Re: PIB on 01/09/2012 14:37:48 MST Print View

To the BPL Universe,

I hereby tribute Douglas Ide (lover of dark chocolate)with the honorary degree of Bhd (Backpackingology)from the University of BPL. Such an honor may only be given by a life member of BPL that owns possum down gloves and hat of which I am devoid of.

Bill

Edited by filsinger on 01/09/2012 14:46:40 MST.

Tad Englund
(bestbuilder) - F - MLife

Locale: Pacific Northwest
Re: PIB on 01/09/2012 16:54:26 MST Print View

Doug's cool, nuf said!

My wife says that I don't even think like anyone in this world let alone this country. Doug you didn't say it had to be a physical state of being. Mentally I sometimes don't even reside on this planet.

Jean-Francois Jobin
(jfjobin) - MLife
Amusant et généreux on 01/09/2012 20:17:00 MST Print View

Vous êtes un homme amusant et généreux.
merci

Backpack Jack
(jumpbackjack) - F - M

Locale: Armpit of California
RE PIB on 01/09/2012 22:20:06 MST Print View

I don't know what Jean-Francois Jobin posted, but I think he wants your PIB, OH did I type that out loud, sorry. LoL
All kidding aside, you're one generous person, and I still have a spot open for that trip Doug, its just waiting for you to say yes.
See you at Coe.

Eugene Smith
(Eugeneius) - MLife

Locale: Nuevo Mexico
Re: PIB on 01/09/2012 22:48:52 MST Print View

You've made the cut Doug.

Tony Fleming
(TonyFleming) - MLife

Locale: Midwest
PIB Response on 01/09/2012 22:50:48 MST Print View

Doug,

Your last PIF was amazingly gracious. You have been extremely generous here on BPL, and I was a bit disappointed with how poorly the PIF recipients of your genourosity responded this time around. If I were in your shoes I would be a bit discouraged. Instead you come up with a new idea to give away more valuable gear, with out asking the recipient to respond in kind. This kind of response and thoughtfulness is again a breath of fresh air.

I have been waiting for a BPL possum down hat to pop up on gear swap, and would be willing to pay you for it, but I know that is not what you would like to do with these items.

Good luck with your search for the perfect recipient, and thanks for being such a positive influence here on BPL.

Tony Fleming

Edited by TonyFleming on 01/09/2012 23:36:59 MST.

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife

Locale: Behind the Redwood Curtain
Re: PIB on 01/09/2012 23:13:42 MST Print View

I had to stop Doug from giving everything away on our last trip together. Here he is getting dangerously low on items.

douggie

He is also a fashion statement.

Jay Wilkerson
(Creachen) - MLife

Locale: East Bay
PIB - Doug- LOL on 01/09/2012 23:21:16 MST Print View

Trinity Alps, Sapphire Lake w/Ken Thompson

Edited by Creachen on 01/09/2012 23:22:34 MST.

David Lutz
(davidlutz)

Locale: Bay Area
PIB on 01/09/2012 23:35:27 MST Print View

Look at Ken sitting there innocently within a few feet of his prey, no camera is sight!

Doug I.
(idester) - MLife

Re: PIB - Taken on 01/11/2012 09:26:00 MST Print View

PIB Taken. See OP.

Jean-Francois Jobin
(jfjobin) - MLife
My wife is happy... on 01/18/2012 09:08:26 MST Print View

Just received all....
nice color hat.Warm glove.All for her.So a happy wife is a happy man...

Merci Doug

Jeffs Eleven
(WoodenWizard) - F

Locale: Greater Mt Tabor
Re: Re: PIB on 01/18/2012 10:18:54 MST Print View

That reminds me- Doug, my wife needs her shirt back. Thanks.

...you can keep the skivvies...

;)