Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
FS: JetBoil Sol Ti
Display Avatars Sort By:
John Abela
(JohnAbela) - MLife
FS: JetBoil Sol Ti on 01/08/2012 16:29:32 MST Print View

Hello All,

I have a Jetboil Sol Ti up for sale.

Now I just want to be clear... this thing is not in "perfect" condition by any means.

First off, the bottom "cup" is not going to be included. I threw it in some trashcan in the middle of some park the first time I took it out to do a video on it.

Second, I cut off the stupid black piece of material from the sleeve - I am sorry, but Jetboil has told me (and I quote) "The black material that goes upright on the sleeve is NOT a handle"... so, I really have no idea what I am suppose to call that "handle" that I cut off... but, its not on there.

Third, there is some scaring on the inside bottom of the pot. It is a typical result of cooking food inside of a Jetboil pot. These Ti pots have something actually cooking food inside of them, and the very first time you do you get this little ring inside. Lots of other people have documented this happening. Some people have had this happen on the new Ti pots just from boiling water. It is not a matter of having the flame all the way up, I only did that once in a boil test time, every other time I have kept the flame at around 70% on.

The pot itself (other than the inside ring) is in good condition. No dings or dents at all. I have treated it with TLC to the best that I have been able to.

The little "reliable push-button igniter" (to quote Jetboil) works about 80% of the time. It never did actually work 100% of the time from the day I bought it.

All said I have cooked one can of soup (some yummi split pea soup) and around 20 pots of water inside of this setup.

I really like this stove but I got one for Christmas and I felt I should use it for sentimental purposes, even though this one is rather special (it has been seen by over 10,000 people on youtube after all lol.)

This is the same exact Jetboil Sol Ti that I used in my two part videos, which were the first videos of the Jetboil Sol Ti to hit Youtube after they were officially released. Part 1 and Part 2.

Because of the missing cup and the *cough* "handle" *cough* that is no longer apart of it, I am going to make somebody out there have a really great day by offering this up really cheap.

$67.00 USD includes shipping - CONUSA Only - via PayPal and I am firm on this price.

You must send me a PM so I can get shipping information from you.

John B. Abela
HikeLighter.Com

Dylan Snodgrass
(TrueNorth)

Locale: San Francisco, CA
FS: JetBoil Sol Ti on 01/08/2012 16:32:00 MST Print View

I'll take it. PM sent.

John Abela
(JohnAbela) - MLife
Re: FS: JetBoil Sol Ti on 01/08/2012 16:52:29 MST Print View

Sold.

May this have a future of use and enjoyment - as it has provided so many hikers out there with an insight into this awesome little stove!

sheila o
(bumpass) - F

Locale: The Far Left Coast? : /
How funny on 01/08/2012 23:32:47 MST Print View

How funny...I was watching JA's youtube videos just this afternoon thinking I might like this for my camp set for two over the orginal......lol......let me know if this falls through. :)

Dylan Snodgrass
(TrueNorth)

Locale: San Francisco, CA
Thank you Redwood Guy on 01/18/2012 15:25:17 MST Print View

John,

I got out for a few nights and used the Jetboil Sol Ti I bought from you. What a fantastic product the boil time is SO fast! Thanks again for the great deal!

John Abela
(JohnAbela) - MLife
Re: Thank you Redwood Guy on 01/18/2012 15:36:57 MST Print View

Ah you got it and got to try it out - sweeet!!

Yeah this sucker boils water insanely fast huh! The pure fuel efficiency of this stove makes it dang near perfect.

I put a little snack bar inside of the pot to keep it from rattling around on the trip down to ya... hope you enjoy it too :)

Hope you make it up here some day soon - we can get out for a hike together.

Nathan Watts
(7sport) - MLife
Re: Re: Thank you Redwood Guy on 01/18/2012 16:03:41 MST Print View

You guys are killing me. You both know I wanted that thing!

Kidding of course. I'll find one sooner or later. Enjoy your new stove

Nate

John Abela
(JohnAbela) - MLife
Re: Re: Re: Thank you Redwood Guy on 01/18/2012 19:25:10 MST Print View

Hey Nate,

You can score a brand new one for $120 (the cheapest I have seen them) over at backcountrygear while they are still on sale.