enLIGHTened equipment down quilt from $165
Display Avatars Sort By:
Tim Marshall
(MarshLaw303) - MLife

Locale: Minnesota
Re: enLIGHTened equipment down quilt from $165 on 03/10/2012 18:59:23 MST Print View

I appreciate that but I really would like to get it to 3 weeks or less as the wait is a barrier for many. Not sure how fast something that is basically custom made for you should take but enough people think that my waif is too long that I am trying to bring it down. At least im not at the 12 weeks I was when doing it myself!

-Tim

Matthew Perry
(bigfoot2) - F

Locale: Oregon
enLIGHTened equipment down quilt from $165 on 03/10/2012 20:35:36 MST Print View

I feel for ya', Tim. If i lived closer i'd be over there helping.....

M

Jeffrey McConnell
(Catalyst) - F
wait time on 03/10/2012 23:07:59 MST Print View

I'm happy waiting for what I believe will be a quality custom product from you. :) But, I do agree with you that a 3 week wait time is a good goal to reach. I think that's a good wait time considering the custom nature of the product and I think it will drive in more business for you. just my thoughts.

Tim Marshall
(MarshLaw303) - MLife

Re: wait time on 03/11/2012 11:06:16 MDT Print View

Talking to my guys it looks like I will get more work this week than the last few so I am hoping they get us caught up.

-Tim

P. Larson
(reacttocontact) - F
Re: enLIGHTened equipment down quilt from $165 on 03/11/2012 16:59:27 MDT Print View

Matt, I thought I was bad with my waiting for my MLD stuff.

Jack H.
(Found) - F

Locale: Sacramento, CA
Photo request: enLIGHTened equipment down quilt on 03/11/2012 21:39:19 MDT Print View

I'd love to see some additional non-commercial photos of the Revelation quilts. Who has some?

Thanks!

Travis Leanna
(T.L.) - MLife

Locale: Wisconsin
Re: Photo request: enLIGHTened equipment down quilt on 03/11/2012 21:44:39 MDT Print View

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=58892&startat=20

scroll down

Jack H.
(Found) - F

Locale: Sacramento, CA
Re: Re: Photo request: enLIGHTened equipment down quilt on 03/11/2012 22:57:45 MDT Print View

Thanks Travis!

Edited by Found on 03/11/2012 22:58:42 MDT.

Rob D
(onefatsurfer) - F
footbox on 03/12/2012 13:50:28 MDT Print View

Those pics are making me drool. Can't wait until mine gets here! :) Yesterday was the 1 month mark, if it gets here by the middle of next week, there's a possibility I'll take it out next weekend (though, it'll be unnecessarily warm with the weather we've had)

Edited by onefatsurfer on 03/12/2012 13:58:06 MDT.

Heath Pitts
(heathpitts)

Locale: Nashville
RE: enLIGHTened equipment down quilt on 03/12/2012 17:49:24 MDT Print View

My quilt has arrived and I am definitely satisfied with my purchase. I ordered the 30 degree Revelation with overfill and it came in exactly at the estimated weight of 22 oz. Cords to cinch the quilt around me would add .5 oz for all 3. It is hard to believe the loft this thing has! It may be too warm...

Travis Leanna
(T.L.) - MLife

Re: RE: enLIGHTened equipment down quilt on 03/12/2012 17:56:05 MDT Print View

Heath,
You can adjust the down to accommodate different temps; at least in theory. I haven't tried it yet. Lay the quilt flat and pat the down in the direction you want to move it. I can literally move almost all of the down out of the center baffles in 20 seconds, and have it all back in another 20. It's kinda cool, actually.

Heath Pitts
(heathpitts)

Locale: Nashville
RE: enLIGHTened equipment down quilt on 03/12/2012 18:03:21 MDT Print View

That is cool! I liked the idea of karo baffles when I was looking at different models of quilts. I really think that I made a good decision with this quilt. I'll know at the end of the month :)

Sad part is that I was able to open the box, weigh the quilt, and of course test out the size. After that, I had to head to the airport. Oh well. At least it didn't arrive after I left and then I had to wonder for a few more days

Tim Marshall
(MarshLaw303) - MLife

Re: RE: enLIGHTened equipment down quilt on 03/12/2012 18:38:12 MDT Print View

Shipping alert inbound for one large pacific northwest hairy mythical creature in a kilt!

-Tim

Andrew Bridenthal
(WalkingAndy)

Locale: NE Ohio
Re: Re: RE: enLIGHTened equipment down quilt on 03/12/2012 18:53:15 MDT Print View

just got a notice that mine is being shipped as well...I'm excited, first quilt

P. Larson
(reacttocontact) - F
Re: Re: RE: enLIGHTened equipment down quilt on 03/12/2012 19:18:48 MDT Print View

"Shipping alert inbound for one large pacific northwest hairy mythical creature in a kilt!

-Tim"

It's been 2 days since we've heard from said hairy kilt wearing creature. You think he's locked in a padded room saying quilt, quilt, quilt, where is my quilt!

Travis Leanna
(T.L.) - MLife

Re: Re: Re: RE: enLIGHTened equipment down quilt on 03/12/2012 21:47:17 MDT Print View

Bump

Dave Triano
(Dtriano) - MLife

Locale: Desolation Wilderness
Superior design, great innovation, very effective on 03/12/2012 22:36:43 MDT Print View

Just a quick unsolicited ad for Tim's products - my Epiphany K has now seen almost 50 nights in the field, all the way down to zero many times, and I have been thrilled with it. It is absolutely a 'go to' part of my gear, and I'm one VERY satisfied customer.

Thanks Tim-

DT

Tim Marshall
(MarshLaw303) - MLife

Re: Superior design, great innovation, very effective on 03/12/2012 22:44:56 MDT Print View

So glad we can provide designs that do what nothing else can do. And wicked happy when they work the way we know they can for you guys out in the field. Dave's epiphany-k is exactly the same as our current epiphany incase anyone was wondering which of the 3 generations he was referring to.

-Tim

Nicholas Meadors
(nickoli)

Locale: Teh Front Range
Re: Re: Superior design, great innovation, very effective on 03/12/2012 22:48:40 MDT Print View

I really only need to scrounge like 75 more dollars to purchase one of these bad boys. You don't anticipate any cease in production anytime soon eh?

Can't wait to sleep like a king.

Tim Marshall
(MarshLaw303) - MLife

Re: Re: Re: Superior design, great innovation, very effective on 03/12/2012 23:08:20 MDT Print View

Cease in production, nope. Those days are behind us. That was when I was working alone doing everything and when I got overwhelmed I'd have to take a break from orders to catch up. Now we have a large team working every day to build quilts at a rate I never could have. I did 120 quilts the two years before the Sanborn merge in oct. since then weve had over 200 orders and are currently shipping at about 4 weeks out (unless your name rhymes with RAT HAIRY). So no, our production won't be stopping any time soon, as long as I am still alive is all it takes at this point.

-Tim