Point Reyes National Seashore. Wildcat Camp. 6 miles from the trailhead. October 1993.
(1) a guy, in a tuxedo, with a backpack, on a unicycle, going over the trail / fire road.
(2) an 8-inch reflecting telescope set up at night for star viewing.
(3) a basketball and regulation basket (backboard, 18" hoop 10 feet up, net). Carried in.
(4) FOUR half-gallons of ice cream, plus fudge, carmel, whip cream, nuts, cherries.
(5) a hot tub consisting of 10-mil poly sheeting in a sand dune, 100 feet of garden hose to tap a stream by siphon, and an automotive radiator as a HX over 6 MSR stoves. Later filled with naked college student when it got to 104F/40C.
(6) a med student making chocolate fondue.
(1) I later catered his wedding (smoked salmon on crackers, champagne, and a 3-tier hazelnut-chocolate torte) on top of Half Dome.
(2) Mike Brown later became "the man who killed Pluto" when he discovered Eris (2003 UB 313, a.k.a. "Xenia")
(3) but only one for a half-court game.
(4) is was too much ice cream for 20 people but the adjacent Boy Scout troop appreciated it (and the naked co-eds in the hot tub).
(5) this is why you should not let chemical engineers go backpacking.
(6) I married her.