I've just returned from testing out my combo last night.
Location: Simsbury, CT @ West Mt. and eleveation approx. 1,000ft.
Time: 3 Mile hike to campsite, leaving at 4:45pm and arriving by headlamp at 6pm.
Temperatures: Starting temp was 27* at 5pm and quickly dropped to 12* by 8pm, with a overnight (10pm recorded) temp of 7* with a light wind of 5mph.
Camp Site: Ridgeline with natural tree cover, camped 100 ft from the edge of the ridge on the windward side. Used MLD DuoMid with a MLD Superlight Bivy under it.
SLEEPING GEAR: All these kept me toasty warm in camp and sleeping to 7* and would very likely make it to 0* without issue (I was a bit warm).
• Western Mountaineering Caribou 35* Down Long - 1 lb 9oz. (25 oz.)
• LaFuma Extreme 50* Synthetic (Long) - 1 lb. 8 oz. (24 oz.)
• GG Torso Pad (2 oz.)
• Thermarest SOlite Small (9 oz.)
• CFF Sit Pad (10"x18") (1 oz.)
• Mountain Laurel Designs Silnylon DuoMid (18 oz.)
• Mountain Laurel Designs Superlight Bivy XL (6.5 oz.)
• Gossamer Gear Polycryo Ground Sheet (1 oz.)
CLOTHING WORN Sleeping:
• Brooks Running Shorts (4.5 oz)
• Marmot NTS Tights (7 oz.)
• Montbell Thermawrap Pants (8 oz.)
• Mountain Hardwear ¼ zip TS (7 oz.)
• Montbell Alpine Light Parka (Large) (13 oz.)
• Montbell Thermawrap Jacket (Large) (10.5 oz.)
• Fleece Watch Cap (3 oz.)
• Injini NuWool Toe Socks (2 oz./ ea)
• Rocky Gore-Tex Socks (sz 14) (5 oz.)
• Acorn Fleece Socks XL (3 oz.)
Synthetic Fleece Glove Liners (1.5 OZ/ea)