Forum Index » Gear Deals » Edelrid ropes, Patagonia, Brooks Range, and Nikwax

Display Avatars Sort By:
Ted E
(denver_whitest185) - MLife

Locale: CO
Edelrid ropes, Patagonia, Brooks Range, and Nikwax on 01/03/2012 16:26:01 MST Print View

if anyone is wanting to get a nice rope, there are several on the clymb. Also some brooks range mountaineering stuff, some patagonia, and a few nikwax products

if you haven't joined yet, heres a invitation link
tinyurl.com/7znu6s8

Full disclosure - if you join with my link, i get a $10 credit when you make your first purchase. Its free to join

Joseph R
(Dianoda) - MLife

Locale: Chicago, IL
RE: Edelrid ropes, Patagonia, Brooks Range, and Nikwax on 01/03/2012 17:33:41 MST Print View

Yeah, I was pretty happy to get a good deal on my very first rope during this sale. 60m, 9.8mm, dry-treated - should be pretty ideal (if a bit long) for the summit attempt of Mt. Olympus I'm planning this August.

That said, all the 9.8mm stock sold out within a few hours (they still have a 60m, non-dry-treated 10.5mm rope available as of this posting). Also, I found the selection of Brook-Range gear somewhat disappointing - they make some interesting gear (down jackets, sleeping bags, backcountry shovels), but none of those items are included in the sale.

Edited by Dianoda on 01/03/2012 17:37:26 MST.

eric chan
(bearbreeder) - F - M
ropes in canada on 01/03/2012 18:38:55 MST Print View

just a reminder ...

for anyone in canada lacordee sells their tendon 10mm non-dry dynamic rope 60m for $99.99 normal price ... with the code below and adding a cent will get you the rope for ~$85 plus free shipping in canada

i own and use this rope extensively

http://www.lacordee.com/eng/product/tendon-smart-10mm-single-rope/lnx-smart10

Natur3