westcomb specter lt event jacket @ REI
Display Avatars Sort By:
Adam Kramer
(rbeard) - F

Locale: ATL, Southern Appalachia
westcomb specter lt event jacket @ REI on 12/31/2011 14:25:55 MST Print View

i found one on the rack, was intrigued because it was discounted from $300 to $200. anyone know about this jacket? 11oz 3 ply event jacket with a 4 way hood, three pockets, and reinforced elbows seems like a deal to me at $104!

PS: I did of course buy the jacket at that price with the rei guarantee. was super impressed with all the bells and whistles for only 11oz. and felt very strong, much stronger than my gortex paclite. especially in the reinforced areas.

Edited by rbeard on 01/17/2012 10:53:44 MST.

Chad Helmke
(the-gear-recycler) - MLife

Locale: High Rockies
MY FAVORITE SHELL! on 12/31/2011 14:29:54 MST Print View

BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT!!! I HATE to buy gear at retail and this was one of the few items I possess that I bought new, on sale. My favorite shell that I own and I have a couple of other heavier duty eVent shells that hardly get used because of this one. GET IT!!! I've never seen it that cheap either, ever!

Todd Dea
(busguy)

Locale: Coast Mountains
Well that didn't last long on 12/31/2011 14:45:19 MST Print View

Link ?

Looks like any remaining ones went fast. Will have to check our local REI.

Chad Helmke
(the-gear-recycler) - MLife

Locale: High Rockies
Bummer... on 12/31/2011 14:58:17 MST Print View

I know. I checked too and the Specter LT wasn't available. Heading down to REI later-Garage Sale weekend here in the Denver area too! Yippee! Oh wait...my New Years Resolution was to downsize and curb the gear addiction. Well, have 9 hours left!!!!

Ceph Lotus
(Cephalotus) - MLife

Locale: California
Great deal! on 12/31/2011 15:07:58 MST Print View

I have this jacket, and I love it. That's a great buy you found.