Forum Index » Chaff » Happy New Year

Display Avatars Sort By:
Diplomatic Mike
(MikefaeDundee)

Locale: Under a bush in Scotland
Happy New Year on 12/31/2011 08:21:10 MST Print View

Due to the time difference, i will probably (hopefully) be rather emotional and tired by the time the clock strikes midnight in the US.
So, in advance, a happy, prosperous, and light New Year to everyone at BPL.
And Ryan, don't you dare get all traditional in your dotage. ;)

Edited by MikefaeDundee on 12/31/2011 08:22:54 MST.

Miguel Arboleda
(butuki) - MLife

Locale: Kanto Plain, Japan
Re: Happy New Year on 12/31/2011 09:00:30 MST Print View

It turned 2012 an hour ago here in Japan.

H A P P Y N E W Y E A R to all you faaaabulous people! Thanks for all the years of great conversation and fun ideas!

Mike, don't get all Budweiser UL now, you hear!

\o_O"/

Diplomatic Mike
(MikefaeDundee)

Locale: Under a bush in Scotland
Happy New Year on 12/31/2011 09:12:03 MST Print View

I haven't got 'tired and emotional' yet, Miguel, though i am working on it.
Keep up the thoughtful posts.
If i'm ever spotted drinking Bud, you have my permission to shoot me. (that wasn't an invite to start a new year gun thread)
My poison of the night is local beer, and a few malts. Old Pultenay or Balvennie Double wood.

Miguel Arboleda
(butuki) - MLife

Locale: Kanto Plain, Japan
Re: Happy New Year on 12/31/2011 09:15:54 MST Print View

Aye, on the Bud, Mike. Wouldn't touch it either.

New Year's is different here. A lot quieter, more family oriented. Going to the temple and shrines to pray and welcome in the new year is where it all happens. There's drinking, but nothing raucous. I rather like it. Though I do miss the get together with all my friends!

Enjoy the pubs!

Doug I.
(idester) - MLife

Locale: MidAtlantic
Re: Happy New Year on 12/31/2011 10:38:43 MST Print View

And a very happy new year to y'all, as well. I'll either be asleep by new year's US EST, or I'll be moving stuff around in my house now that I have a complete house again! Tonight will be the first night since August that I'll be able to sleep in the bedroom instead of the kitchen! Woohoo!

Tom Kirchner
(ouzel) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Northwest/Sierra
Re: Happy New Year on 12/31/2011 11:00:29 MST Print View

"If i'm ever spotted drinking Bud, you have my permission to shoot me."

Do they even allow Bud into your country?

"that wasn't an invite to start a new year gun thread"

No, but if ever there was a justifiable reason, drinking Bud would be near the top of the list.

Happy New Year to all, and to Mike, Happy Hangover. At least you'll have earned it honorably. ;=)

Roger B
(rogerb) - MLife

Locale: Here and there
Re: Happy New Year on 12/31/2011 11:27:13 MST Print View

Mike just remember that I will always be ahead of you, as for Bud, no way. Its Tuborg or Skovlyst for me. Happy New Year to all at BPL wherever you may be.

Laurie Ann March
(Laurie_Ann) - F

Locale: Ontario, Canada
Hogmanay on 12/31/2011 11:33:14 MST Print View

Hogmanay!! First footing is a tradition in our family.

Edited by Laurie_Ann on 12/31/2011 11:34:33 MST.

Mary D
(hikinggranny) - MLife

Locale: Gateway to Columbia River Gorge
Happy New Year on 12/31/2011 12:58:25 MST Print View

A happy New Year! By the time we on the west coast of the US get there, Mike will be crawling out of bed in the morning, hopefully with not too bad a hangover! Of course, some of the BPL gang, on the other site of the Date Line, have already celebrated and recovered!

Whenever it comes where you live, may you all have a great 2012--not just the first day, but the whole year!

Sarah Kirkconnell
(sarbar) - F

Locale: In the shadow of Mt. Rainier
Re: Happy New Year on 12/31/2011 14:22:44 MST Print View

It is only 1 pm or so here in the Pacific Northwest, so we have a long time to go ;-) I doubt I will make it past 10 pm :-D And that is OK! If I do wake up well there is always good fireworks - they are legal today till Midnight - and our neighborhood loves shooting them off. I like watching them go off over our lake! No drinking for me....a Tums chaser and off to bed :-D

Anyhow, a Happy New Years Day.

Ken Helwig
(kennyhel77) - MLife

Locale: Scotts Valley CA via San Jose, CA
Re: Re: Happy New Year on 12/31/2011 15:36:08 MST Print View

a Happy New Year to all of you. May 2012 be a fantastic year for each and everyone of you. I am so glad to see 2011 vanish in the rear view mirror!

Daryl Daryl
(lyrad1) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Northwest, USA, Earth
Happy New Year from Seattle on 12/31/2011 18:47:14 MST Print View

Happy New Year from Seattle.

Guests about to arrive for a party that I told them will be over at 10 PM. I need my sleep.

Beer of choice?????....Bud Light or any of the other watery tasteless light beers. I don't like tasty beers.