Forum Index » Make Your Own Gear » Stoves that burn Kerosene

Display Avatars Sort By:
Dan Yeruski
(zelph) - MLife

Locale: www.bplite.com
Stoves that burn Kerosene on 12/30/2011 19:31:47 MST Print View

There was recent talk about stoves that burn kerosen and Iso91

This one I made a few years ago and will tweek it this coming new year to make it burn biodiesel. This video was made a few years ago :-)

click on it, it's photobucket

<center>

</center>

Edited by zelph on 12/30/2011 19:51:21 MST.

Hikin' Jim
(hikin_jim)

Locale: Los Angeles, CA, USA
Re: Stoves that burn Kerosene on 12/30/2011 20:33:31 MST Print View

Hi, Zelph,

Pretty cool. That's no small trick to get kero to burn in an unpressurized stove. Looks like a pretty clean burn too.

Anyone who has ever primed with kero knows just what a mess kero can be. Quite an achievement. Thanks for putting the Foster's pot in the photo. I couldn't tell how big it was until I saw the Foster's pot. Nice workmanship on the bail by the way.

I'll be interested to hear how the tweaking goes on this one.

HJ
Adventures in Stoving

Roger Caffin
(rcaffin) - BPL Staff - MLife

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe
Re: Re: Stoves that burn Kerosene on 12/30/2011 21:30:06 MST Print View

> That's no small trick to get kero to burn in an unpressurized stove. Looks like a pretty clean burn too.
Indeed! Keep us informed.
(Mind you, I used to use a kero room heater in the UK which burned cleanly ... It's all in the vaporisation.)

Cheers

Alan Bradley
(ahbradley)
unpressurized kero stove: could suit trangias on 12/31/2011 04:46:48 MST Print View

Perhaps you could size it to fit a trangia 27/25:

the unpressurized simplicity would suit their philosophy(simplicity) better than the standard pressurised multifuel adaptor, whilst offering a fuel weight/volume advantage over meths and would gain a windshield.

Dan Yeruski
(zelph) - MLife

Locale: www.bplite.com
Re: Re: Re: Stoves that burn Kerosene on 12/31/2011 08:47:33 MST Print View

Here is the BudLyte Super Stove modified to burn white gas without soot or flame flare-up.

iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1KFjFQr00TE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

Edited by zelph on 12/31/2011 08:48:20 MST.