Forum Index » Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Jerky that tastes like: Longview Beef Jerky Sweet Chili

Display Avatars Sort By:
Charles Henry
(Chuckie_Cheese)

Locale: Arizona and British Columbia
Jerky that tastes like: Longview Beef Jerky Sweet Chili on 12/30/2011 00:14:12 MST Print View

I got some "Longview Beef Jerky Sweet Chili" and it was really, really good, with an extremely spicy kick. But it's amazingly expensive and only Canadian. Anyone familiar with this jerky know of substitutes that are cheaper and available here?

http://www.mec.ca/AST/ShopMEC/HikingCamping/Food/Snacks/PRD~5017-988/longview-beef-jerky-sweet-chili.jsp

Laurie Ann March
(Laurie_Ann) - F

Locale: Ontario, Canada
jerky on 12/30/2011 08:05:33 MST Print View

If you are willing to make your own I could come up with a recipe similar to the flavor. I'm of to MEC's Burlington store within the hour so I'll pick up a package (if they have any in stock). This is actually pretty reasonable for store-bought jerky, at least up here in Canada it is.

Jim Colten
(jcolten)

Locale: MN
Re: jerky on 12/30/2011 09:41:28 MST Print View

If you are willing to make your own I could come up with a recipe similar to the flavor.

that'd be Real Nice!

Charles Henry
(Chuckie_Cheese)

Locale: Arizona and British Columbia
Re: jerky on 12/30/2011 11:11:11 MST Print View

I'd love to hear the recipe.

Laurie Ann March
(Laurie_Ann) - F

Locale: Ontario, Canada
jerky on 12/30/2011 19:05:21 MST Print View

They were out of stock... but I placed an online order. Once I've had a chance to taste I'll see what I can do about coming close to it. Jerky is really easy to make and my darling spouse won't mind taste-testing a bit for me... lol.