Forum Index » Chaff » polar bear defense with hammer ...

Display Avatars Sort By:
eric chan
(bearbreeder) - F - M
polar bear defense with hammer ... on 12/23/2011 11:19:33 MST Print View

do they make UL hammers ;)

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/north/story/2011/12/22/north-polar-bear-attack-igloolik.html

Arnatsiaq jumped in between the two and shoved a hammer in the bear's mouth.

“What I did was poke the bear with the hammer and put the hammer in its mouth and pull to make him angry so it will go after me instead of going after that guy. Because I knew that guy had bullets in his pocket and that his rifle was not loaded,” said Arnatsiaq.

Arnatsiaq said the bear kept going for his friend and swatted Arnatsiaq away. Arnatsiaq grabbed the bear's fur and kept swinging the hammer.

"And then we were fighting for a few minutes and then I missed my footing and almost fell. That's when the bear was going for my shoulder," he said.

The bear bit into his hand which was covering his shoulder. At that point, the other hunters were finally able to shoot the bear and the cubs, which had joined in the fight.

Dave T
(DaveT) - F
i'm... on 12/23/2011 11:21:17 MST Print View

I'm the self inflicted, mind detonator...

Edited by DaveT on 12/23/2011 11:27:33 MST.

Diplomatic Mike
(MikefaeDundee)

Locale: Under a bush in Scotland
' on 12/23/2011 11:27:15 MST Print View

BPL is changing.

eric chan
(bearbreeder) - F - M
Re: i'm... on 12/23/2011 11:32:46 MST Print View

nahh dave ... yr just a complainer about chaff ... in chaff ;)

Dave T
(DaveT) - F
just wondering. on 12/23/2011 11:54:31 MST Print View

if you spend all your days (when not climbing off-width gnar in totally destroyed puffays) looking for stories about fat kids taken from their parents and people hitting polar bears with hammers and think "i simply HAVE to post this at backpackinglight.com!"

eric chan
(bearbreeder) - F - M
Re: just wondering. on 12/23/2011 11:57:46 MST Print View

absolutely dave ... just for you ... but i see youd rather have fun on the BPL "elitist" members threads ;)

complaining about chaff in chaff ... ironic

Daryl Daryl
(lyrad1) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Northwest, USA, Earth
Re: polar bear defense with hammer ... on 12/23/2011 12:57:23 MST Print View

Wow, what a story.

I'm impressed with the man's bravery and also sad to see the bears killed.

Erik Basil
(EBasil) - M

Locale: Atzlan
It was a ti-hammer with a free-range soy carbon handle on 12/23/2011 17:53:50 MST Print View

Those are some tough fellas, to stand and fight with a predating bear. When you consider they were only wearing threadbare Dolphin shorts and crocs, it's just lucky the one fella had that ti hammer in his cuben fiber fanny pack.

Seriously, he attacked the bear to get it off his buddy. Gnar.