" Time To Renew " emails
Display Avatars Sort By:
Nathan V
(Junk) - MLife

Locale: The Great Lake State
" Time To Renew " emails on 12/20/2011 17:12:31 MST Print View

I have gotten three "Time To Renew" emails in the last few weeks, doesn't seem right to me since I have an Mlife membership. I'm sure it's just a computer glitch, but it's kind-of getting old deleting them.

Doug I.
(idester) - MLife

Locale: MidAtlantic
Re: " Time To Renew " emails on 12/20/2011 18:10:49 MST Print View

Have you sent an email/PM to Addie?

Nathan V
(Junk) - MLife

Re: " Time To Renew " emails on 12/20/2011 18:44:05 MST Print View

No, I haven't. Why didn't I think of that, thanks Doug. I'm sure that she will take care of it.

Addie Bedford
(addiebedford) - MLife

Locale: Montana
Time to Renew going to Lifetime subscribers on 12/21/2011 11:11:53 MST Print View

This is one of the things we're hoping to fix, because I get asked about it A LOT. Here's the boilerplate answer:
Unfortunately, our automatically generated renewal reminders do not recognize a Lifetime membership as a reason not to pester you. This means that you can ignore and delete the total of three reminders you'll be getting. This also means you'll still get all three. :( I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but you truly are set for life. :)

What happens is that the one-year subscription IS expiring, which triggers the automatic reminders. Those go out at 21 days, 7 days, and 1 day from expiration. They they go away.

The only other possibility (which I made sure wasn't Nathan's case) is that users sometimes create entirely new contact records when they order the lifetime subscription. In those instances, I move the lifetime sub to the proper account, which doesn't stop the renewal emails, but makes them safe to ignore again.

Hope this helps!
Addie

Nathan V
(Junk) - MLife

Re: Time to Renew going to Lifetime subscribers on 12/21/2011 17:45:30 MST Print View

Thanks Addie, I figured it was some sort of automatic computer generated message.