Why are Aussies inferior?
Display Avatars Sort By:
Erik Basil
(EBasil) - M

Locale: Atzlan
Gary's on the bench on 12/17/2011 10:35:47 MST Print View

Reminder to self: Gary is not on the field for the contest with those convicts. Ha ha ha!!

Doug I.
(idester) - MLife

Locale: MidAtlantic
Re: Gary's on the bench on 12/17/2011 10:45:40 MST Print View

Remember, Gary's a dentist.

Justin Baker
(justin_baker) - F

Locale: Santa Rosa, CA
Re: Why are Aussies inferior? on 12/17/2011 11:44:04 MST Print View

All the blood keeps rushing to their head and making them delirious.
Get it... because they are upside down at the bottom of the earth.

David Thomas
(DavidinKenai) - MLife

Locale: North Woods. Far North.
Re: Why are Aussies inferior? on 12/17/2011 12:39:41 MST Print View

I have rarely met an Australian on vacation anywhere in the world who wasn't on an extended walkabout for 6 months or more. This struck me as a vastly superior practice compared to our Puritan-derived only-2-weeks-a-year vacation standards.

Also, their flag is the New Zealand flag plus two stars and Kiwis are just cool people.

And they have more synonyms for "vomit" than any other Anglophone peoples.

Tony Beasley
(tbeasley) - MLife

Locale: Pigeon House Mt from the Castle
Re: Are the Aussies really inferior? on 12/17/2011 13:13:17 MST Print View

Yes we are inferior to the people of the great USA and we like you to think that.

We only know about the GFC because we read the the rest of the world and especially the US has a GFC.

>Australia is entirely peopled with criminals.

I must object to calling us criminals, we are convicts not criminals.

Tony

M B
(livingontheroad) - M
aussies on 12/17/2011 13:16:30 MST Print View

They are so mixed up they like to come to the US to go snow skiing while on their SUMMER vacation.

Ken Helwig
(kennyhel77) - MLife

Locale: Scotts Valley CA via San Jose, CA
Re: aussies on 12/17/2011 15:18:22 MST Print View

this probably should have been posted in Chaff??

Bizarre thread that is for sure.

David Thomas
(DavidinKenai) - MLife

Locale: North Woods. Far North.
Re: Re: aussies on 12/17/2011 15:34:32 MST Print View

Ken: Yes, it seems about a chaffy as they come. Do moderators on BPL have the superpower of relocating threads to an appropriate section? Seems like it could be helpful. -David

Dave T
(DaveT) - F
MODERATOR: move to chaff on 12/17/2011 15:38:38 MST Print View

Please.

Wild Exped
(bankse) - MLife

Locale: OZ
Yanks on 12/17/2011 16:10:41 MST Print View

Well... your not really are you? Not really americans either? North Americans?
I dunno... i'm a pom lol.. Of all the people I know very few are more than 2nd or third gen 'aussies'. Maybe the easier?? question for the OP is 'why are those from the states 'superior'? I hope it doesn't start another 50 page self examination lol

Personally, I think all 'humans' are going to be inferior while ever dogs exist!

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife

Locale: Behind the Redwood Curtain
Re: Dogs are superior. on 12/17/2011 18:00:49 MST Print View

"Personally, I think all 'humans' are going to be inferior while ever dogs exist!"

+1

I wonder if Dave T has a Chaff key on his keyboard.

Sure it's silly, chaffy goodness. The mods been here and seen for himself. Being an Ozzer himself let him call it.

Ken K
(TheFatBoy) - F

Locale: St. Louis
Re: Re: Why are Aussies inferior? on 12/18/2011 22:23:50 MST Print View

>> And they have more synonyms for "vomit" than any other Anglophone peoples.

They surely do! My favorite was "chunder", a shortened bit of slang for "watch out under"... a warning to the guy on the bottom bunk! Now that's just downright polite... Even when feeling their worst, they're still polite enough to issue a warning of an impending technical-yawn!

I've traveled the world with some Aussie friends... Awesome folks who don't know how to have a bad time. I only hope that some of that inferior zest for life wears off on me.

Wild Exped
(bankse) - MLife

Locale: OZ
Spit on 12/18/2011 23:14:55 MST Print View

Hurl, Heave, Spew, Ride the Porcelain Bus.. we have all ours plus yours!!! In reality these are becoming passe. Bushwalking is becoming Hiking, The Lounge the 'Couch'... who knows where it will end? I guess eventually we will all loose our national identity, no longer taking pride in such things as our words for vomit?

We are no better or worse. I guess we know you better as your always on TV lol.. You have such a vast range of situations in the states whereas we are just all out wrestling Crocs

I do find bringing things along inferior to 'taking them'?? ; )

Dean F.
(acrosome) - MLife

Locale: Back in the Front Range
You might be Australian if... on 12/19/2011 01:42:52 MST Print View

How to tell if you're Australian:

http://www.zompist.com/aussie.html

Nick Larsen
(stingray4540) - F

Locale: South Bay
Re: Australia is entirely peopled with criminals... on 12/19/2011 03:56:04 MST Print View

I don't know what this thread is all about. All I have to say is: Princes Bride quote for the WIN!

Andrew Lush
(Lushy) - F
Re:Why are Aussies inferior? on 12/19/2011 04:23:40 MST Print View

As pointed out so incisively by ROBERT TANGEN, it is a truth universally acknowledged that we Aussies are inferior. No question about that. But ROBERT TANGEN does not stop there. In his quest to uncover reason and causation he posits the age old question "Why"?

At last, after years of ineffectual research, the Institute of Mediocrity has finally shed some light on this vexed question and maybe, just maybe, it may bring some quietude to restless and inquiring mind of ROBERT TANGEN.

You see it's simple really. The only word that rhymes with Australia is (wait for it....) 'failure'! Yes that's right: Australia = failure.

And it doesn't stop there. We Aussies actually embrace failure. Some examplesn? Well, one of founding mythologies was the Battle of Gallipolli. We lost. Got our bottoms kicked severely by those doughty Turks. But every year it is celebrated by millions of Aussies. We know we lost. But we don't care. We are inferior and we proud!

One of most dearly treasured folk heros is Ned Kelly. He lived in the 1800s and robbed a few banks and shot a policeman in the balls. He made some armour and went out for his final stand but was wounded, captured and hung. And we love him! An ineffectual criminal who got caught and hung. Almost a bit of an over-achiever in the failure stakes, but he is a national hero,

And just last week New Zealand beat us in the cricket! As failures come they don't get any more epic than that. So it is a time honoured tradition that started in our early history and continues up to, well last Thursday, when Bracewell bowled Lyon and won the game for the Kiwis..

So ROBERT TANGEN I hope that answers your question. Or maybe I don't. Afterall, a failure to do so wouldn't be the end of the world.

Mark Fowler
(KramRelwof) - MLife

Locale: Namadgi
We are all crims on 12/19/2011 04:53:53 MST Print View

As somebody mentioned we are all criminals - unsuccessful ones as we were caught and transported to Australia. The successful crims are still in England. We must be doing something wrong 5.1% unemployment (US 8.6%) and only 0.13% of us behind bars (US 1%). We will have to try harder to catch up to the US.

Addie Bedford
(addiebedford) - MLife

Locale: Montana
Facepalm on 12/19/2011 10:18:18 MST Print View

I take weekends off and am the only moderator who can move threads. This sucker is chaffed.

However, I could listen to an Aussie read the phonebook. Love that accent...

Terry Trimble
(socal-nomad) - F

Locale: North San Diego county
Why are Aussies inferior?" on 12/20/2011 09:50:49 MST Print View

Because their toilet flush Anti- clock wise !!
Just kidding I have quite a few friends who are Ausssies and they are very nice, talented,industrious people.
I have a old skateboarding friend of mine who is Kiwi who own a mountain in New Zealand that goes down to the ocean. His family runs a small bed and breakfast with all kinds of action sport activities in the water and the land for their guest.
Terry