Forum Index » Make Your Own Gear » A simple, yet very inefficient alchol stove

Display Avatars Sort By:
Ultra Magnus
(Ultra_Magnus) - F
A simple, yet very inefficient alchol stove on 12/14/2011 15:12:07 MST Print View

Does anyone here even remember the mini bull designs sst? Tinny had a video on his old site, and I've looked and looked and can't find any mention of it anymore. But, I did make this knock off about 5 years ago. I dug around on my hard drive and all I have is one photo and this 11 second video of it in operation. I somehow broke it trying to make some modification (I barely recall) and never made another. Now, I'm thinking I need to start drinking red bull's again so I can make one more just to have.

I'd have to dig up my old notes, but I seem to recall this bad boy boiled 2c water in maybe 2:30 seconds, and used up 1oz of fuel in about 3 mins... Don't quote me, that was a long time and a lot of stoves ago...mbd sst knock off

http://vimeo.com/33676930

BM

Edited by Ultra_Magnus on 12/14/2011 15:12:45 MST.

Franco Darioli
(Franco) - M

Locale: Melbourne
A simple, yet very inefficient alchol stove on 12/15/2011 01:07:46 MST Print View

Ultra Magnus
You have some impressive figures there , now I wish I had kept note on some of my better failures.
possibly the greatest waste of fuel was getting fireballs from pepsi cans and too tight windscreens/pot supports.
If I get the urge again I see if I can do worse.
Franco

Hikin' Jim
(hikin_jim) - MLife

Locale: Los Angeles, CA, USA
Re: A simple, yet very inefficient alchol stove on 12/21/2011 02:11:45 MST Print View

Well, at least he didn't go to a lot of trouble to be inefficient.

HJ
Adventures in Stoving