Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
The usual suspects, the usual place...12/10/11
Display Avatars Sort By:
Craig W.
(xnomanx) - F - M
The usual suspects, the usual place...12/10/11 on 12/12/2011 20:35:08 MST Print View

Nothing fancy here, just the typical overnight local trip with my typical partner...

http://sweepingthegarden.wordpress.com/2011/12/12/the-usual-suspects-the-usual-place-121011/

These quick overnights are just too easy, a great fast recharge...though I am beginning to get the itch for a multi-day, high mile trip soon.

I actually carried my old external frame pack on this trip just for kicks, thinking it might not be too bad...but I hated it within one fourth of a mile. I guess my memory is short; I can't imagine how I got by with 50 pounds in that thing 15 years ago. The load sways (even at less than 20 lbs.), it rattles and makes all sorts of noises, I kept banging my head on the upper frame bar whenever I looked up, and the hipbelt and straps felt ridiculously oversized and clumsy. I guess there is something to these newfangled little packs...

Art ...
(asandh) - F
Re: The usual suspects, the usual place...12/10/11 on 12/13/2011 06:36:28 MST Print View

..."It's not doing nothing, Dad. We're looking and listening."

Very Nice.

Richard Nisley
(richard295) - M

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area
Re: The usual suspects, the usual place...12/10/11 on 12/13/2011 09:33:04 MST Print View

The experiences/values you are teaching your son are priceless! It is nice that you also get to benefit.