The Offseason
Display Avatars Sort By:
Evan Parker
(ecp12) - F

Locale: Upstate NY
The Offseason on 12/08/2011 16:45:38 MST Print View

Reyes and Buerhle to the Marlins, Pujols and Wilson to the Angels(whaaaaatttt), apparently Chris Paul is headed to the Lakers, Pau to Houston, and Odom to New Orleans. Crazy moves all over the place and the giants trade away the heart of their team (Torres) for someone statistically similar (Pagan). Discuss the crazy moves!

Ken K
(TheFatBoy) - F

Locale: St. Louis
Pujols on 12/08/2011 21:11:47 MST Print View

It's not a happy day here in the Lou. Pujols leaving for the Angels feels like a bit of a stab in the back. The Cards offered him a fair contract. Sure, he got $30 million more for moving, but is the extra $3 million worth the loss of a legacy and all the intangibles that come with being the "Stan the Man" of my generation? It's been 48 years since he played, and Stan is STILL making money off his tenure as a Cardinal. You won't get that for 6 good years in L.A.

Still, I understand the coasts have a little more money to flash around, and the switch to an A.L. team at least gives hope that he can actually do ten more years. I hope he does it, and breaks all sorts of records in the process. I love Albert, and I'll miss the excitement in the air when he steps to the plate, but I'm a Cards fan first. We'll still be in playoff hunt next year.

Personally, I think he should have gone to the Cubs... No better way to extend a career than to guarantee you'll never have to play in October!