Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Winter Blanket (Oct 2006)
Display Avatars Sort By:
Steve .
(pappekak) - F

Locale: Tralfamadore
Winter Blanket (Oct 2006) on 01/11/2007 22:45:43 MST Print View

Winter Blanket (Oct 2006)

Edited by pappekak on 01/11/2007 23:18:19 MST.

Doug Johnson
(djohnson) - MLife

Locale: Washington State
Re: Winter Blanket (Oct 2006) on 01/11/2007 23:46:22 MST Print View

Wow Steve- you really have an eye. This is some beautiful work. It makes me want to go outside in the snow!

paul johnson
(pj) - F

Locale: LazyBoy in my Den - miss the forest
Re: Winter Blanket (Oct 2006) on 01/12/2007 03:52:29 MST Print View

you sure have an artiste's eye!!!

Absolutely beautiful photographs. I've stared at and contemplated them all - for periods of time each, taking it all in and trying to absorb the wonder of God's creation which you captured so beautifully; trying to imagine being there alongside of you as you took the pics.

I've never owned a camera (used to trust my memory to store the pics), but i think i may soon have to look into obtaining one. Your pics have prompted me to recognize that my memory is not so good any longer.

Steve .
(pappekak) - F

Locale: Tralfamadore
Re: Re: Winter Blanket (Oct 2006) on 01/12/2007 08:23:37 MST Print View

Thanks PJ.

If you end up going down the camera route you can get some very good cameras for under $200. Don’t let people tell you that you need a high mega pixel camera or heavy equipment to get good pictures. The lens is the most important part of the camera. Everything else being equal, a low mega pixel camera with a great lens will give better results than a high mega pixel camera with a bad lens.

Great cheap cameras like the Cannon A540 and Cannon A610 come to mind.

Cheap cameras can also take great action shots. Here is proof that a $300 camera can be every bit as effective as a professional D-SLR costing thousands of dollars.

Flying Dog

A larger version can be seen here

Edited by pappekak on 01/12/2007 08:29:02 MST.