November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Battle of the farbrics.
Display Avatars Sort By:
William Zila
(Ultralightwillinn.m) - MLife

Locale: Albuquerque
Battle of the farbrics. on 12/06/2011 09:06:37 MST Print View

Ha I bet you thought this would be about Cuben but its not. The question is simple is momentum 90 better then the .09 ounce stuff from owfinc ? The owfinc stuff is a little lower price ? So to all you people who have used both how do they compare in the aspects of water resistance and wind resistance ?

Brendan S
(brendans) - MLife

Locale: Fruita CO
Re: Battle of the farbrics. on 12/06/2011 09:21:25 MST Print View

I haven't seen the mini ripstop from owfinc but have used quite a bit of the black taffeta (I've used a lot of m90 as well) and can tell no difference visually or in practice between the two. I know there have been other posts in the past speculating that they're the same thing.

Ben Smith
(goosefeet) - MLife

Locale: Georgia
Re: Battle of the farbrics. on 12/06/2011 09:58:14 MST Print View

The OWFINC stuff and the OLD M90 seem to be exactly the same.

The new M90 colors have a different feel to them and are more transparent than they used to be. Not sure about the new stuff's water and wind resistance.

Jesse Taylor
Hey on 12/07/2011 12:39:06 MST Print View

Mate, what's a

David Olsen

Locale: Steptoe Butte
farbric on 12/07/2011 13:09:21 MST Print View

Something so heavy that if you carry it too far it feels like you are carrying a brick.

Edited by oware on 12/07/2011 13:09:54 MST.