Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
shenandoah thru
Display Avatars Sort By:
Chris Bowman
(jcbowman) - M

Locale: ORF
shenandoah thru on 12/05/2011 15:52:59 MST Print View

Greetings everyone. Just throwing some feelers out there to see if anyone would be interested in a relatively fast thru of Shenandoah(thinking 4 days). I'm thinking late June, need the kids to be out of school, but the trail could be packed with thrus at that time. Anyone's interest piqued?

Christian Denniston
(cdenniston)
Possibly on 12/10/2011 12:07:30 MST Print View

I may be interested. I have a thru hike of the Vermont Long Trail planned for late summer and Shanandoah would be a good prep. Keep me informed.

Leslie Thurston
(lesler) - F

Locale: right here, right now
shannies/ long trail--possibly, indeed on 12/12/2011 11:51:39 MST Print View

'tis hard to say what life shall bring between now and then, but i'm sincerely hoping/ secretly dying a long trail thru myself for summer. shannies would be cool too, it's been awhile, though logistically, the long trail is much more feasible for me. (i'm in NH). chris, would you entertain the latter instead? i'm generally down with good company and i dig big miles. moreover, where my time and finances are limited, fast is the new slow. both ya's, pitch me yer thoughts should u care to. leslie

Steve Gaioni
(sgaioni) - MLife

Locale: Mid-Atlantic
SNP on 12/14/2011 14:20:18 MST Print View

Four day end to end of SNP is very doable, especially around that time of year. You will have to compete for shelter space though. I know SNP well...countless outing up there.

Was thinking Long Trail myself for 2012.

Chris - I recommend you establish the means to PM. Best for not cluttering the forums with minutia not of general interest.