Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Laurie's books!
Display Avatars Sort By:
Michael Levine
(Trout) - F

Locale: Long Beach
Laurie's books! on 11/29/2011 13:08:45 MST Print View

I just ran across this and thought it was cool. TheClymb (which we're all sick of being linked to) is having a discount on wilderness press books. There are a lot of goodies there, but I came across "a fork in the road" which I noticed was written by Laurie Ann March. I remembered a woman named Laurie advised me on some recipe's for food to take on my John Muir hike after a family issue left me with little time to prep pre-trip. I looked up the author, and it's the same picture I saw on BPL! Hi Laurie! I really appreciated your advice! For the record her books can be purchased now for $8 each rather than their typical $18. I have no affiliation with Laurie but figured posting this might be a cool way to promote a BPL member. Full disclosure the link below nets me $10 if you're new.

http://www.theclymb.com/invite-from/MichaelLevine1

Laurie Ann March
(Laurie_Ann) - F

Locale: Ontario, Canada
Re: Laurie's books! on 11/30/2011 07:48:00 MST Print View

Thanks for that - you made my morning. I remember our chat about that. There are two now. A Fork in the Trail and wait for it... Another Fork in the Trail... lol.

Now, I'll go off the computer for a bit and let my face return to a non-blushing state :).

Rachel Baker
(NacciNW) - F
Laurie's new book on 11/30/2011 16:43:58 MST Print View

Thanks for the link. I 'needed' to give myself Laurie's new book. I also bought a few other Wilderness Press books to put in stockings. Easy shopping!

Laurie Ann March
(Laurie_Ann) - F

thanks on 12/01/2011 08:14:22 MST Print View

aww thanks. I hope you enjoy your gift! If you have any questions you know where to find me.

Roger B
(rogerb) - MLife

Locale: Here and there
Re: Laurie's books! on 12/01/2011 08:34:54 MST Print View

Both books are great, they sit on my shelf and provide inspiration for my trail meals, especially breakfasts and dinners. I need to do a lot more hiking to test all the ones I am interested in, or maybe I should use them at home as well.

Laurie Ann March
(Laurie_Ann) - F

Re: Re: Laurie's books! on 12/01/2011 19:42:20 MST Print View

Thanks Roger. Sometimes I cook the recipes for home use too - just skip all the dehydrating bit. When I make them for home I don't cut everything so small. An example is the Unstuffed Quinoa Peppers. I make them as stuffed peppers for home use.

Here's a photo of them being served for dinner here...

Quinoa Stuffed Peppers
(sorry for the poor quality - was taken with my BlackBerry)

Edited by Laurie_Ann on 12/01/2011 19:46:03 MST.

Michael Levine
(Trout) - F

Locale: Long Beach
Laurie's books! on 12/02/2011 14:39:28 MST Print View

Well I'm in for two. Thanks Laurie and I'm stoked to read up on and cook some of your delicious looking stuff!