Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Dont buy this jacket ...
Display Avatars Sort By:
Mike M
(mtwarden) - MLife

Locale: Montana
crap I bought the jacket on 11/27/2011 09:47:29 MST Print View

I couldn't resist and ended up buying the jacket :(

Edited by mtwarden on 11/27/2011 09:48:09 MST.

chris kersten
(xanadu) - F

Locale: here
Patagonia on 11/27/2011 14:43:31 MST Print View

I just bought a down shirt. It was $100 off since it was last years color. I've never had one before so to me it is a "new" color. I don't understand the posts about coloring in logos. If you don't like their company name, why do you buy their products? Do you put bumper stickers over the logos on your car? Beer? Taco Bell sack? Really weird. "let's go to Burger King. Ok, but tell them I want my food in a plain brown sack!"

Joseph Reeves
(Umnak)

Locale: Southeast Alaska
I went snowshoeing instead on 11/27/2011 17:49:29 MST Print View

And I wore my 8 year old Patagonia Jacket. Besides, we really have little to purchase here in Juneau, but a lot to see.

Snowshoe Swing

Camping Cove

Babak Sakaki
(persianpunisher) - F
Re: I went snowshoeing instead on 11/27/2011 22:44:22 MST Print View

HELL YEA!

Michael L
(mpl_35) - MLife

Locale: The Palouse
Re: patagonia. on 11/28/2011 15:25:52 MST Print View

"Eric,

Any chance in any one of the possible futures that you could actually just call those two companies by their actual names: "Patagonia" and "Arc'teryx"?

Thanks."

good post.

Piper S.
(sbhikes) - F

Locale: Santa Barbara (Name: Diane)
Re: Dont buy this jacket ... on 11/28/2011 16:29:13 MST Print View

I'm not sure what is going on here.

Patagonia doesn't really cost that much more than other decent brands. Plus I'm lucky to have the original Great Pacific Ironworks nearby, an old Patagonia outlet store that sells Patagonia seconds in all the weird colors nobody but me would like and thrift stores where sometimes Patagonia gear shows up with the tags still on. So yeah, my closet is jam packed with the stuff.

Chad Miller
(chadnsc)

Locale: Duluth, Minnesota
Re: Dont buy this jacket ... on 11/29/2011 11:59:52 MST Print View

Oh Eric why don't you get an original idea for some posts here. All you've been doing is lurking on RC.com and then instead of replying to threads there you post them up here.

I'm starting to think that only reason you post here is because you can't take the negative criticism your inflammatory posts receive over at RC.com.

Or is it that you're posting like this here because waiting for your butt to heal up after being ripped a new one over at RC.com?

eric chan
(bearbreeder) - F
Re: Re: Dont buy this jacket ... on 11/29/2011 12:26:32 MST Print View

personal attacks .. no surprised chad ...

"butt ripping", "inflamatory" ... etc ....bringing up lies you say about things in other forums ... yr the one who is being inflamatory

im still waiting for the "absolute certainty" of my supposed post on backpcaker that you claim ,... of which there are none ... you simply lied

thats yr style and i expect you to continue to keep "contributing" like that ;)

all my supposed posts at backpacker ...

Edited by bearbreeder on 11/29/2011 12:35:36 MST.

Chad Miller
(chadnsc)

Re: Re: Re: Dont buy this jacket ... on 11/29/2011 14:24:49 MST Print View

You want to post up the screenshot of your admin deleted trolling account you had before that at BP.com? Yeah didn't think so.

How about your account at RC.com?

Regardless someone saying that that most of your posts don't make sense isn't a personal attack, it's just stating a fact.

eric chan
(bearbreeder) - F
libel on 11/29/2011 14:30:40 MST Print View

chad miller

i want you to post up the evidence of any "prior" accounts from backpacker.com ... or any evidence at all

you are making libelous statements on a public forum ... you have clearly stated that i have made posts on backpacker.com and continue to insist on it ... you have made statements about fictional accounts .. these statements are all a matter of public record

please provide any evidence of any such phantom imaginary accounts

you are lying plain and simple ... i will say this on a public forum

i expect you to continue with the personal attacks over and over again ... and your libel

thank you

Chad Miller
(chadnsc)

Re: libel on 11/29/2011 14:39:12 MST Print View

You have an account on RC.com.

You had and account on BP.com prior to the one you registered in 2011. That prior account was removed by admins and the user (you) where banned for a period of time for not following the terms of use of that site.

As for what I'm saying is libel, you are incorrect. For my statements to be considered libel they have to be:

1. Knowingly be untrue.
2. Cause damage to your reputations that causes financial or physical damages to you.

My stating that you're not being truthful about having an account that was banned by admins at BP.com is neither of those.

Now in a good faith and to continue the flow of conversation on this site I make a pledge to no bring up your past bad behavior as long as you treat the members of this site with some humanity and respect. Stop trying to act like the big guy here on BPL just because you don't have the ability to do so on RC.com.

If you'd like to continue to debate this let's do it via PM as I'm sure people here are sick of hearing us argue.

I'm done.

eric chan
(bearbreeder) - F
Re: Re: libel on 11/29/2011 14:44:06 MST Print View

chad miller

you have stated publicly over and over again that i have made posts and have fictionary accounts on backpacker.com

you are clearly lying plain and simple

please produce evidence of such ... these are plainly false accusations and libelous

many people here i suspect are on backpacker.com ... if any of them can provide such evidence i invite them to do so ..

none will exists because you simply made it up ... i am accusing you publicly of lying and making false accusations over my supposed posts and accounts on backpacker.com

my rockclimbing.com statements and account is a matter of public record

thank you

edit ... ill leave it at that you can PM me with yr "evidence"

Edited by bearbreeder on 11/29/2011 14:48:29 MST.

Addie Bedford
(addiebedford) - MLife

Locale: Montana
Take it elsewhere on 11/29/2011 14:56:44 MST Print View

This thread is quickly spinning into Chaff territory. Please remember our forum ground rules (posted to the right every time you add a post):

Be civil, reasonable, and helpful. Off-topic, inflammatory, or inappropriate posts will be removed at our discretion. For more, view BPL Forum Ethics (http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight//xdpy/forum_thread/1134/index.html)

Chad Miller
(chadnsc)

Re: Take it elsewhere on 11/29/2011 14:59:22 MST Print View

As I stated in my last post I agree.

BPL, I apologize for letting things get this heated and go this far.

Eric, as I stated before feel free to PM me if you want to continue this. Otherwise I'm done and will not be responding to your taunts.

eric chan
(bearbreeder) - F
back to the original point on 11/29/2011 15:02:01 MST Print View

it is simple PATAGONIA telling you not to buy gear you dont need the past black friday weekend

they believed in it enough that they took out a full page add in the NYT

the question is how many followed their advice ...

taunts and thread sidetracks aside ;)

Chad Miller
(chadnsc)

Re: back to the original point on 11/29/2011 15:10:32 MST Print View

I think that Patagonia add was just that, an add. An add to get you to buy their product.

Patagonia's laid back, earth friendly corporate image is their main marketing platform. They aren't being eco friendly and laid back because it's good for humanity, their doing it because it's their main (some may argue only) selling point and for Patagonia to stop doing so would be corporate suicide.

Dave T
(DaveT) - F
the chaffstarta, twisted chaffstarta. on 11/29/2011 15:28:32 MST Print View

"Stop trying to act like the big guy here on BPL just because you don't have the ability to do so on RC.com."

+1

Joe Clement
(skinewmexico) - MLife

Locale: Southwest
Dont buy this jacket ... on 11/29/2011 16:27:47 MST Print View

There is still a big degree of reverse psychology in that ad. No one practice environmental piousness like Patagonia.

Paul Magnanti
(PaulMags) - MLife

Locale: People's Republic of Boulder
RC.com on 11/29/2011 19:11:39 MST Print View

Brings up a law firm....

With all this talk of libel, is that a mere coincidence? :D

(Wearing my Patagonia Nano hoodie this coming weekend for breaks during a ski tour. I must be a poseur.. .;) )

Edited by PaulMags on 11/29/2011 19:22:51 MST.

Chad Miller
(chadnsc)

Re: RC.com on 11/29/2011 20:16:12 MST Print View

Ha that's funny!

It's actually rockclimbing.com

If you want you can look up Eric's screen name there, it's the same as here. You may get a kick out of his posting style. :P