November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
LuminAID: An Inflatable Solar Light
Display Avatars Sort By:
Yohei Aoyagi
(zzz_bear) - MLife

Locale: Tokyo
LuminAID: An Inflatable Solar Light on 11/21/2011 12:28:42 MST Print View

I don't know about this weight. But looks not heavy.
I tried to get one.

LuminAID: Give Light, Get Light from LuminAID Lab on Vimeo.

Eric Blumensaadt
(Danepacker) - MLife

Locale: Mojave Desert
THANKS! on 11/21/2011 14:16:17 MST Print View

Very interesting product and a great goal for people who need sustainable, cheap or donated lighting.

This would be nice for group camp lighting as well.

terry a thompson
(terry588) - MLife

Locale: West
Re: LuminAID: An Inflatable Solar Light on 11/21/2011 16:28:05 MST Print View

THANKS for the link! what a great idea and a great Christmas gift for hiker friends.
I just placed an order and had no problems, used a credit card.

Edited by terry588 on 11/21/2011 17:26:11 MST.

Brian UL

Locale: New England
Re: LuminAID: An Inflatable Solar Light on 11/21/2011 17:17:02 MST Print View

I Tried to order one but for some reason I was told they couldn't receive pp payments right now?
I really like this idea. It may be too heavy for backpacking (they don't list the weight) but its still a great thing for camping and daily use.

Ken K
(TheFatBoy) - F

Locale: St. Louis
Great intent, but question usefulness on 11/21/2011 17:32:55 MST Print View

I love the intent, and there's a lot of ingenious thinking there, but I think the quality and quantity of light is diminished by being in the bag. It looks like a nightlight... Not enough light to really "do" anything. I'd be curious what kind of light you get with it removed from the bag.

Brett Peugh
(bpeugh) - F - M

Locale: Midwest
Luminaid on 05/20/2012 14:08:18 MDT Print View

I was wondering if anyone say tried one out yet?

Link .
(annapurna) - MLife
Re: Luminaid on 05/21/2012 08:35:58 MDT Print View

I have a couple and they work great.The first one they sent weighed 3.5oz and a couple months later they sent me another that was slightly different and weighed 2.5oz

Erik Basil

Locale: Atzlan
thirsty for some Luminaid on 05/21/2012 09:29:55 MDT Print View

That looks great for group-camp lighting and for their intended purpose. Heck, I'd buy one but their links are all shut off.

Link .
(annapurna) - MLife
Re: Re: Luminaid on 05/21/2012 09:39:16 MDT Print View

I keep mine in my home emergency kit, and was happy that for each one I bought one was donated to someone in need.

Brett Peugh
(bpeugh) - F - M

Locale: Midwest
thanks on 05/21/2012 13:15:39 MDT Print View

Thanks. This may be a winner for me. Just looking for a light source that is sustainable and does not use batteries. I don't need to throw light 50 feet infront of me so this will be a boon.