Forum Index » GEAR » Lightweight Synthetic Bag?

Display Avatars Sort By:
Jason Shaffer
(pilgrim) - F
correction on 09/11/2005 19:20:16 MDT Print View

Just came across this thread again, and realized that new info has made my last post innacurate. As per the newsletter update some time ago, the specs for the current prototype BMW synthetic arc quilt do not correspond to those publsihed in the print mag. It is now said to weigh 11 oz (!), and the design and loft are not exactly comparable to the down-fill Arc X, since it is intended mainly to be layered OVER the Arc X or Nunatak Arc Special. Still a promising piece of gear -- just thought a follow-up was in order.

Edited by pilgrim on 09/11/2005 19:21:46 MDT.

Alan Ellis
(AlanEllis) - F
Re: UL synth bag upheaval! on 09/12/2005 13:57:05 MDT Print View

Mmmmm.....I'll check it out. Thanks.

A.

Joshua Mitchell
(jdmitch) - F

Locale: Kansas
BMW synthetic arc X quilt ETA? on 09/13/2005 14:58:48 MDT Print View

Ryan,
Any new ETA on the synthetic Arc?

I've looked at making my own synthetic quilt, but honestly if a synthetic ArcX is in the works, I'll likely look at purchaing it. (I don't have tons of time to sew my own stuff)

Ryan Jordan
(ryan) - BPL Staff - MLife

Locale: Greater Yellowstone
Re: BMW synthetic arc X quilt ETA? on 09/13/2005 16:24:00 MDT Print View

taking a final prototype with me to yellowstone this week, i'm using it as an overbag to my 15-ounce arc x. the cocoon quilt is polarguard delta, pertex quantum, and 11 ounces. For a 26 ounce sleep system, it has about 6 inches of total loft and affords the long term protection of using a synth on the outer shell of the bag. should be toasty :)