Forum Index » Chaff » Veteran's Day

Display Avatars Sort By:
Luke Schmidt
(Cameron) - MLife

Locale: The WOODS
Veteran's Day on 11/11/2011 15:14:21 MST Print View

Thinking about a friend I made when I was a teenager. He was a gentlemen who'd lost a leg and an arm in Vietnam, came back, raised a family and volunteered his time helping various people. He picked us up at the top of Pikes Peak which was awesome because I had the worst altitude sickness of my life that day.
To any of you vererans out there in BPL land thank you for your service and God Bless.

Bob Gross
(--B.G.--) - F

Locale: Silicon Valley
Re: Veteran's Day on 11/11/2011 15:24:31 MST Print View

You don't even need to think all that much about those of us who returned home safely. Think about the ones who didn't.

--B.G.--

Tom Kirchner
(ouzel) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Northwest/Sierra
Re: Re: Veteran's Day on 11/11/2011 15:51:45 MST Print View

"Think about the ones who didn't."

I think that is exactly what Luke did, Bob. I wouldn't call coming home minus an arm and a leg "coming home safely".

At any rate, +1 to Luke's sentiments.

Bob Gross
(--B.G.--) - F

Re: Re: Re: Veteran's Day on 11/11/2011 16:01:07 MST Print View

" think that is exactly what Luke did, Bob."

Yes, I was addressing his last line only.

--B.G.--

Luke Schmidt
(Cameron) - MLife

Locale: The WOODS
Re Re Re Veteran's Day on 11/11/2011 16:06:40 MST Print View

I definately do think of the ones who didn't come home Bob an very much appreciate them all. At the same time I still insist on thanks living veterans as well no matter how many of these awesomely modest people say something along the lines of "I'm no hero, the real heros are still in (fill in the blank)." Thanks.

Bob Gross
(--B.G.--) - F

Re: Re Re Re Veteran's Day on 11/11/2011 16:18:51 MST Print View

Exactly. I have visited a few U.S. military cemeteries around the world, and it changes me each time.

--B.G.--