Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Grand Canyon- Double Crossing aka "Rim-to-Rim-to-Rim"- BPL Group Run
Display Avatars Sort By:
torrey saylor
(everyday) - F

Locale: south rim
gear-stuffs on 04/11/2012 18:13:56 MDT Print View

I have no clue what 99% of this gear is you guys are talking about! lol...Im gonna just wear some clothes...and if its cold, i'll wear more clothes, and ima bring my pack and some bottles. ...Pfff..you rich people- with your fancy packs, space gel thingys and clothing with unpronounceable names. :) btw, my toenails are always run-ready! And PINK! ha (i had to google "nano-puff" ...had no clue..thought maybe you were bringing teeny tiny marshmallows)

Edited by everyday on 04/11/2012 18:17:14 MDT.

Eugene Smith
(Eugeneius) - MLife

Locale: Nuevo Mexico
nano puffs on 04/11/2012 18:28:24 MDT Print View

Teeny tiny marshmallows?

Yeah, Im bringing those too.

Adan Lopez
(Lopez) - F

Locale: San Gabriel Valley
free loading on 04/11/2012 18:35:18 MDT Print View

Save some of them teeny tiny marshmallows for me too! and some of them brownies too Dave! Oh and mike, maybe i can get a bit of the hydropel from you, ive been wanting to try some of that stuff.

Hiking Malto
(gg-man) - F
Surprise! on 04/11/2012 18:52:15 MDT Print View

"I have no clue what 99% of this gear is you guys are talking about!"

Torrey,
You have no idea what you have yourself into with this bunch. By the time they are done with your gear you will be missing your shoe tongue and shoestrings, and that's just off your shoes. Looking forward to meeting you.

torrey saylor
(everyday) - F

Re: free loading on 04/11/2012 19:02:18 MDT Print View

Bah! now i hafta google hydropel! Looking forward to meeting all you too! I have to work tomorrow, but i have Friday-Saturday-Sunday off

Edited by everyday on 04/11/2012 19:07:42 MDT.

Craig W.
(xnomanx) - F - M
Phone Tree??? on 04/11/2012 19:17:49 MDT Print View

Just thought it might be a good idea before everyone leaves tomorrow/Friday.

If you can get me your email and cell# I'll send a list out to people tonight/tomorrow morning.

Email me info at
craigwisner at yahoo dot com

Edited by xnomanx on 04/11/2012 19:51:09 MDT.

Mike M
(mtwarden) - MLife

Locale: Montana
Re: Phone Tree??? on 04/11/2012 19:30:22 MDT Print View

sent :) assuming there was a .com at the end of yahoo?

Mike

Adan Lopez
(Lopez) - F

Locale: San Gabriel Valley
Phone numbers on 04/11/2012 20:11:05 MDT Print View

I'd like my wife's cell number on that list, I'll send it.

Jon Leibowitz
(jleeb) - F - MLife

Locale: 4Corners
Have fun and be safe! on 04/11/2012 20:14:22 MDT Print View

Everyone going on this awesome run....have fun and be safe. I hope the weather works out for ya'll!

I've been running nearly everyday since I read about this trip. I hope to be in shape by the next one!

Jacob D
(JacobD) - F

Locale: North Bay
R2R2R on 04/11/2012 22:29:13 MDT Print View

Go Get Em Guys.

Here's to an amazing EPIC!!!~!

Art ...
(asandh) - F
There Will Be Snow on 04/12/2012 09:11:55 MDT Print View

for those of you who have not left town yet ...
Saturday's weather forecast has deteriorated slightly (as of Thursday morning).
biggest change is probably an increased forecast for some wind along with that precip.
Saturday will be the heart of the storm ... yahhooo.

torrey saylor
(everyday) - F

stormy weather on 04/13/2012 04:39:24 MDT Print View

well, itll at least keep it interesting! We wouldnt want this to be easy or anything now would we!? lol

John S.
(jshann) - F
Re: stormy weather on 04/13/2012 08:08:34 MDT Print View

Point Forecast: Grand Canyon Village AZ
36.05°N 112.14°W (Elev. 6803 ft)

Tonight: Snow showers. Low around 27. Breezy, with a south southwest wind between 15 and 24 mph, with gusts as high as 38 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.

Saturday: Snow showers likely. Cloudy, with a high near 37. West southwest wind between 15 and 21 mph, with gusts as high as 31 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Saturday Night: A 40 percent chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23. West southwest wind between 9 and 18 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.

Sunday: A 20 percent chance of snow showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 47. West northwest wind between 7 and 11 mph.

Mike M
(mtwarden) - MLife

Locale: Montana
Phoenix on 04/13/2012 09:53:03 MDT Print View

sunny and warm here :) when we get to S Kaibab, David won't even know he left Alasaka!

Nick Gatel
(ngatel) - MLife

Locale: Southern California
Re: There Will Be Snow on 04/13/2012 09:54:28 MDT Print View

Good luck to all. Have fun and be safe.

James W.
(jimmyjam)

Locale: Mid Atlantic
Re: Re: stormy weather on 04/13/2012 14:01:11 MDT Print View

Spring weather at the GC is unpredictable. We were there mid April about 5 years ago and it was upper 20s on the rim and snowing little snow balls that changed to sleet and then to rain as we went down. At Indian Gardens it was probably 55-60F and when we got to Phatom Ranch I'd say it was 75F and sunny. Just goes to show you the inner canyon weather is completely different than the rim. Best of Luck to everyone on the R2R2R.

Edited by jimmyjam on 04/13/2012 14:02:04 MDT.

Jake D
(JakeDatc) - F

Locale: Bristol,RI
Re: Have fun and be safe! on 04/13/2012 20:37:28 MDT Print View

Good luck you guys and gals! we all await your pics and trip reports.

Jake

Eugene Smith
(Eugeneius) - MLife

Locale: Nuevo Mexico
its finished! on 04/15/2012 07:33:15 MDT Print View

Everyone is safe despite some wild adverse weather conditions that hammered all the runners yesterday, particularly on the return ascent up S. Kaibab . Im laying in our tent now along the S. Rim still soaking in how miserable and unbelievably fun this experience was. Listening to Craig (who is a big dude) describe how he and Torrey had to drop down on all fours in 50-60mph wind totally exposed with blowing snow in frigid temps along Skeleton Point gives you some idea how ridiculous the weather turned out. After we nervously waited for hours for the last crossers to ascend yesterday evening we converged for some beer and company as a group and exchanged our experiences on the day.

Some great people turned out for this and im glad to have shared it with them.

Now to eat, craigs stirring out by the stove. Im sure others will chime in a day or two.

Rob Vandiver
(ShortBus)

Locale: So Cal
Re: its finished! on 04/15/2012 08:54:46 MDT Print View

Fantastic, I was waiting on hearing from you guys! Cant wait to hear more.

Ike Jutkowitz
(Ike) - M

Locale: Central Michigan
re: Rim to Rim on 04/15/2012 13:56:44 MDT Print View

Congratulations to all who made this trip! This has been an inspiring thread and I'm looking forward to seeing some pictures.