Forum Index » Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Grand Canyon- Double Crossing aka "Rim-to-Rim-to-Rim"- BPL Group Run

Display Avatars Sort By:
Mike M
(mtwarden) - MLife

Locale: Montana
sippie cup on 03/29/2012 07:22:33 MDT Print View

Craig- those look amazing! any preview of the sippie cup :)

Mike

Art ...
(asandh) - F
Re: Sneak Peek: R2R2R Mugs on 03/29/2012 07:30:46 MDT Print View

Yes! those mugs are totally beer worthy.

Dan Hewins
(hewinsd) - F

Locale: Chihuahuan Desert
Re: Sneak Peek: R2R2R Mugs on 03/29/2012 08:52:44 MDT Print View

Those are looking great Craig! Should sit nicely next to my Jemez pottery, but may get more use.

brian blair
(donkey)

Locale: Silverado Canyon
Excitement! on 03/29/2012 14:20:50 MDT Print View

I don't know about ya'll....but I'm getting excited. Should be a great day outside with good people.

Our plans have changed a little(I got the day off work!).....so we'll be arriving by noon or soo on Friday.

Craig: Those look fantastic.....thanks a ton for doing that. Assuming you dig beer.....any requests that I can bring you?

torrey saylor
(everyday) - F

Locale: south rim
excite2! on 03/29/2012 17:37:19 MDT Print View

Yes! Maximum Excite! too! :) only 2 more weeks. I went down Bright Angel to Tonto east to S. Kaibab and up for my morning run, and its a lil warm. I wore shorts, a nike dry-fit T with a long-sleeve dryfit over it, and ditched the long sleeve an hour into my run (at bout 0815) T and shorts were fine the whole way, even wen i got back to the rim. (at bout 01100) The Tonto is pretty exposed though, and deserty. ima still bring some kinda warmie top on our r2r2r run/walk/hike/jog/crawl.

I didnt need my YakTrax either anymore, the snow n ice is gone, at both trailheads. If this weather holds til the 14th itll be a perfect day :)

Art ...
(asandh) - F
Re: excite2! on 03/29/2012 18:41:27 MDT Print View

torrey - its great to have an insider keeping us tuned in to the trail and weather conditions.

Hiking Malto
(gg-man) - F
Sweeeeeeet on 03/29/2012 19:49:30 MDT Print View

Craig, incredibly cool!!!!

This is getting close and I'm so pumped! Great to hear that Art survived his 50 in one piece. Torrey, no problem on the alcohol, I will drink yours if needed. Sounds like everyone is healing up. This will be a great adventure!!!!!!!

Eugene Smith
(Eugeneius) - MLife

Locale: Nuevo Mexico
George Matthews commemorative button. on 03/31/2012 21:12:31 MDT Print View

There was some discussion several months back about commemorating the always vibrant and positive late George Matthews. I understand this doesn't do a man and a full life any justice, but here is a small way for us to pay a man some respect when we embark on our R2R2R in two weeks.

George Matthews Button

I remember seeing several photographs of George with his thumbs up and a smile on his face, that image kind of stood with me. This design will be on a small button for us to pin to the backs of our packs when we run down into the Grand Canyon.

Thanks for the laughs George.

light flight.

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife

Locale: Behind the Redwood Curtain
Re: George Matthews commemorative button. on 03/31/2012 21:31:07 MDT Print View

Nice touch Eugene. You guys have a good time. George will be along all the way.

Craig W.
(xnomanx) - F - M
Re: Re: George Matthews commemorative button. on 04/01/2012 13:51:28 MDT Print View

Cool Eugene, I like it.

Mike M
(mtwarden) - MLife

Locale: Montana
Re: Re: Re: George Matthews commemorative button. on 04/01/2012 18:03:41 MDT Print View

very nice!

Art ...
(asandh) - F
Re: George Matthews commemorative button. on 04/02/2012 09:25:49 MDT Print View

Eugene - a nice and thoughtfull way to keep George with us during our run.

Art ...
(asandh) - F
Craig's Mug Count on 04/03/2012 09:05:18 MDT Print View

Craig
we're back down to Art +2
the newcomer in our group just backed out, sorry.

brian blair
(donkey)

Locale: Silverado Canyon
Head Count on 04/03/2012 09:39:58 MDT Print View

I've added another to my group.....Jake Nelson. Soo....I guess the headcount remains the same!

Man....I'm excited.

torrey saylor
(everyday) - F

Locale: south rim
r2r2r girls? on 04/03/2012 18:45:45 MDT Print View

Am I still tha only girl goin?

Adan Lopez
(Lopez) - F

Locale: San Gabriel Valley
Girls on 04/03/2012 18:51:25 MDT Print View

Eugene, thats friggin rad man.

Torrey, i think theres one other girl running with us last i heard.

Art ...
(asandh) - F
Re: Girls on 04/03/2012 19:16:59 MDT Print View

there was a girl coming with us but she cancelled recently, so torre may be the only girl racing down the trails on April 14.

Nick Gatel
(ngatel) - MLife

Locale: Southern California
Re: Re: Girls on 04/03/2012 20:13:57 MDT Print View

When my son started high school, he went out for cross country. The team had a one week summer camp at Big Bear, CA. The last day of camp there was the traditional inter-squad boys/girls cross country race.

When I asked him, prior to the race, what he hoped to run he had only one goal... "Not be behind any girls at the finish line."

Well, that didn't happen, as one girl beat him.

So... next year he set the course record. Guess he felt humiliated and worked hard from that race forward.

----------------------------------------

This event is going to be interesting :)

Katharina ....
(Kat_P) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Coast
Re: Re: Re: Girls on 04/03/2012 20:29:17 MDT Print View

Not surprised.

Eugene Smith
(Eugeneius) - MLife

Locale: Nuevo Mexico
"Grand Canyon- Double Crossing aka "Rim-to-Rim-to-Rim"- BPL Group Run" on 04/03/2012 20:49:42 MDT Print View

"Not surprised."

nm

Edited by Eugeneius on 04/03/2012 22:01:48 MDT.