Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Zia grill--holiday sale
Display Avatars Sort By:
Gary Dunckel
(Zia-Grill-Guy) - MLife

Locale: Boulder
Zia grill--holiday sale on 11/06/2011 09:49:42 MST Print View

I would like to make a holiday offering for the Zia titanium grills. From now until December 31, the price for a grill will be $45, which includes PayPal fees as well as CONUS and Canadian shipping (for overseas people, I will have to check actual postage rates and modify the price slightly). If you are interested in the 2-grill setup to sandwich your fish, I will do that for $85 and I will include the two connector rods. This offer will be open to all, BPL members and also non-members. Same price for everybody.

For a look at the BPL product page, when they used to sell the grills, go to this link:

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/zia_fabrications_titanium_grill.html

For general information about the grill, and to see how the "two grill" setup works, go to this thread:

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=52472&disable_pagination=1

If you have any questions regarding the grill, please post on this thread, and I'll try to answer them.

I realize that it's a bit out of season to be cooking trout over a fire (in the northern hemisphere), but this would be a good chance to plan ahead for next spring, and score a grill cheaply. It will also make an unusual holiday gift for someone on your list that thought he/she already has everything imaginable.

If you are interested, please post on this thread that you want one, and then send an e-mail to my home account---drzooz@aol.com

Gary

Cody Lebow
(CLebow) - F

Locale: Orange County
Grill on 11/09/2011 17:44:00 MST Print View

I would like to order the double grill setup. pm forthcoming.

Gary Dunckel
(Zia-Grill-Guy) - MLife

Grills are on the way on 11/10/2011 14:29:06 MST Print View

I am heading to the post office now, to send out the double grill sets for Cody and Ethan. Thanks, guys.

Richard Scruggs
(JRScruggs) - MLife

Locale: Oregon
Re: Zia grill--holiday sale on 11/11/2011 01:02:11 MST Print View

Gary,

Can you ship via USPS? To a PO box?

Thanks.

Richard

Gary Dunckel
(Zia-Grill-Guy) - MLife

Zia grill--holiday sale on 11/11/2011 06:59:41 MST Print View

Yes, Richard, I'm sure that I can. E-mail me at drzooz@aol.com, and we can work out the details.

Gary Dunckel
(Zia-Grill-Guy) - MLife

Zia grills on sale on 04/25/2012 16:41:34 MDT Print View

Folks, I have a bunch of grills that need homes. So, from now through May, I am offering them for $45 each, which includes shipping. If you would like a matched set of two, I will send them to you for $85, and I will include 2 connector rods. If you are interested, PM me, or preferably, send an e-mail to my home: drzooz@aol.com

Cody Lebow
(CLebow) - F

Locale: Orange County
Re: Zia grills on sale on 04/26/2012 11:15:29 MDT Print View

Great product! Used them for my recent bday overnighter to cook up a nice 8oz buffalo steak. Made for a wonderful birthday dinner.

Gary Dunckel
(Zia-Grill-Guy) - MLife

Zia grills on sale on 04/26/2012 11:56:32 MDT Print View

Thanks, Cody. Buffalo Birthday Bash--you've got style!

Here's my technique, with 2-8 oz. filets. I create a small alcove off to the side of the main campfire, then simply shove the coals under the grill as needed. It's easy to control the amount of heat this way.

steaks on grill

To boil water, I find that setting the pot partially on the support rock takes some of the weight off the grill and provides better stability.

Pot placement

A couple people have contacted me to tell me that their grills sagged horribly under load. I have never experienced this, but intense heat under a heavily loaded grill could certainly bend things downward. This is completely reversible, and the titanium isn't harmed. When it cools, simply bend the grill over your knee and shape it back to the way it was. These grills do have their limitations, and it is important to learn to use them properly. The key is to spread the weight evenly over the length of the grill, such as when grilling fish, and to employ your pot as shown in the photo above.

Thanks again, Cody--your support is appreciated.

Edited by Zia-Grill-Guy on 05/05/2012 13:13:20 MDT.

Gary Dunckel
(Zia-Grill-Guy) - MLife

Grill sent today on 04/27/2012 16:52:36 MDT Print View

Duane, your grill was mailed this afternoon.

duane moss
(kappyton) - F
grill on 05/01/2012 17:21:54 MDT Print View

wow nice work on the grill! cant wait to use this baby
on some fresh fish, thanks Gary it sure shipped fast.

Duane

Jackson Letts
(jackletts) - F
I'd like a grill on 05/01/2012 18:11:55 MDT Print View

I'd like a grill, email sent.

Gary Dunckel
(Zia-Grill-Guy) - MLife

Grills mailed today on 05/02/2012 16:47:11 MDT Print View

Jackson and Thomas, your grills are on the way.

Gary Dunckel
(Zia-Grill-Guy) - MLife

@ Colin--Grill sent on 05/05/2012 13:11:01 MDT Print View

I mailed your grill yesterday, Colin. Hope you enjoy it!

Jackson Letts
(jackletts) - F
Got my grill today on 05/07/2012 20:26:34 MDT Print View

Got my grill today, very fast shipping and delivery.

It's incredibly light and seems up to the task as as a lightweight packable grill. Quality is excellent, can't wait to try it out in the field.

Thanks Gary.

Gary Dunckel
(Zia-Grill-Guy) - MLife

Got my grill today on 05/08/2012 08:31:28 MDT Print View

Thanks for letting me know that you received it, Jackson. Let me know how it works for you, once you get to use it.

Pete Garcia
(pgjgarcia) - MLife

Locale: SE PA
Grills still available? on 05/10/2012 11:50:56 MDT Print View

PM sent!

Gary Dunckel
(Zia-Grill-Guy) - MLife

Still available on 05/10/2012 12:44:22 MDT Print View

Yes, Pete the Zia grills are still available, at a reduced price of $45 through the end of May.

Devon Cloud
(devoncloud)

Locale: Southwest
I would like the two grill setup please on 05/16/2012 11:22:08 MDT Print View

Thank you, I will send you an email as well.

Gary Dunckel
(Zia-Grill-Guy) - MLife

@ Devon on 05/16/2012 11:49:07 MDT Print View

I responded to your pvt. e-mail, Devon.

Gary Dunckel
(Zia-Grill-Guy) - MLife

Zia grill price drop though May on 05/17/2012 16:53:48 MDT Print View

Just a reminder--I am cutting the price of the Zia grills through the end of the month. A single grill for $45, and a matched double set with connectors for $85. Prices include shipping, as always.

Starting in early June, I will be tied up for most of the summer, out of town working and/or hiking, so I might not be able to ship anything in a timely manner. Now's your chance!