First Family Hike, Yosemite's Mist Trail, Oct 2011
Display Avatars Sort By:
Adan Lopez
(Lopez) - F

Locale: San Gabriel Valley
"First Family Hike, Yosemite's Mist Trail, Oct 2011" on 11/08/2011 18:28:43 MST Print View

Wow. Thanks everybody for the amazing feedback. I'm pretty slow to write this kinda stuff, knowing somebody enjoyed reading it makes me feel pretty great. Especially in this crowd.

Casey Bowden
(clbowden) - MLife

Locale: Berkeley Hills
Re: "First Family Hike, Yosemite's Mist Trail, Oct 2011" on 11/10/2011 09:36:47 MST Print View

Fantastic!!!!!!!

Easily a top 10 BPL trip report.

Adan Lopez
(Lopez) - F

Locale: San Gabriel Valley
"First Family Hike, Yosemite's Mist Trail, Oct 2011" on 11/14/2011 16:23:16 MST Print View

Glad you enjoyed it Casey, thanks man!

Simone Zmood
(sim1oz) - MLife

Locale: Melbourne, Australia
Re "First Family Hike, Yosemite's Mist Trail, Oct 2011" on 11/29/2011 04:45:14 MST Print View

Fabulous trip report and photos! Thank you for sharing. Our 7yo keeps asking when we are going to take her hiking. You've inspired me to give it a go :-) Summer holidays have almost arrived in Australia, so there'll be lots of opportunities for some 2-3 day trips. I hope we can have even half as much fun as your adventure.

Rob Vandiver
(ShortBus) - M

Locale: So Cal
Best TR Ive read in a while! on 11/29/2011 18:21:04 MST Print View

Adan!!!

Fantastic, man! Ha, looks like an amazing trip with a great family! You make me jealous, bro!

William Johnson
(Steamboat_Willie)
Thanks, Adan! on 11/29/2011 22:29:31 MST Print View

Thanks for the trip report, Adan! I loved it.

I went with friends and family to Yosemite around the same time as your family. We walked Mist Trail a bit, visited Mirror Lake and stayed around the valley area. It was cold, cold, cold. Amazed to see so many smiles and no goosebumps from all of you. Brrr!

The pictures of the deer on the bridge are great. We saw a 6-7 point buck nibbling on leaves there also.

All my best to your family.

jeffrey bennett
(jollygreen)

Locale: Near the bottom
"First Family Hike, Yosemite's Mist Trail, Oct 2011" on 12/18/2011 03:25:09 MST Print View

Great report with awesome pics. It will be a memory they will never forget. My kids still talk about our first family trip.

Tjaard Breeuwer
(Tjaard) - MLife

Locale: Minnesota, USA
That's great! on 02/13/2012 14:00:42 MST Print View

It's great to see other families getting ot there and enjoying backpacking.encourages me to keep going ot with my girls.

Joshua Billings
(Joshua) - MLife

Locale: Santa Cruz,Ca
Great trip! on 08/08/2014 22:57:29 MDT Print View

Nice one Adan. I think you should go into writing. The next Edward abbey.