Deals on DriDucks rain gear
Display Avatars Sort By:
Dale Wambaugh
(dwambaugh) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Northwest
Deals on DriDucks rain gear on 10/29/2011 11:11:21 MDT Print View

With the article on rain gear, I went in search of a DriDucks poncho to try. I found http://www.thegearlessmachine.com/ with good deals on all kinds of DriDucks products and free shipping. The have a promotion with 15% off too -- use "save15" at checkout. I got a poncho shipped for $11.86.

Update: read the following posts --- this company may be flaky on service.

Edited by dwambaugh on 10/29/2011 16:07:54 MDT.

drowning in spam
(leaftye) - F

Locale: SoCal
Re: Deals on DriDucks rain gear on 10/29/2011 13:35:43 MDT Print View

That website has bad reviews from members here. Despite the warnings I tried to order from them a couple months ago and they canceled my ordered without notifying me. They may not be dishonest, but I would not count on getting your order by any deadline, if ever.

drowning in spam
(leaftye) - F

Re: Deals on DriDucks rain gear on 10/29/2011 14:49:01 MDT Print View

Dale, please post back if you get your poncho. The items I ordered were the emergency poncho and rain suit, and like I said, they cancelled the order 2 weeks later. Fortunately I still had a week left to find other rain gear for my next trip.

david richardson
(drichi) - MLife

Locale: midwest
received mine on 10/29/2011 15:30:05 MDT Print View

I ordered from them a month ago and received mine in a week or less. I did not have any problems with them. your mileage may very. dave

Dale Wambaugh
(dwambaugh) - MLife

Re: www.thegearlessmachine.com on 10/29/2011 15:52:50 MDT Print View

I'll let you all know what happens and thanks for the heads up. That is just flaky business.

I read through the order confirmation email I received, which notes:

"This email is to confirm the receipt of your recent order from Frogg toggs outlet/ TGM inc! Orders are generally shipped within 5-7 business days after payment is received."

I wish they would say that before pushing the "buy" button! 5-7 days is ridiculous!

Edited by dwambaugh on 10/29/2011 16:11:25 MDT.

Warren Greer
(WarrenGreer) - F

Good price/slow postage on 11/02/2011 21:05:01 MDT Print View

It took maybe a couple weeks for delivery, but I wasn't really in a big hurry. Got what I wanted at an excellent price. If you are willing to wait, they are the best deal. -Haven't used them in rain, but they do work nicely in wind or when its getting colder and you want to heat trap with them. Breaths pretty nicely too.

Dale Wambaugh
(dwambaugh) - MLife

Re: Deals on DriDucks rain gear on 11/12/2011 22:29:47 MST Print View

I received the poncho from www.thegearlessmachine.com today, two weeks on the nose, so they came through, but slowly. I don't fault the time in transit, but waiting a week to get it in the mail is poor service.

The poncho is what I expected. I would like to see one with an extension on the rear for better use with a pack.

drowning in spam
(leaftye) - F

Re: Re: Deals on DriDucks rain gear on 11/13/2011 08:36:03 MST Print View

I'm glad you guys got your orders. I suppose I'll make another order...actually, multiple orders. I suspect my entire order was cancelled (without notice) because one item was out of stock, so I'll order everything individually so I get something instead of another order of nothing.

Dale Wambaugh
(dwambaugh) - MLife

Re: Re: Re: Deals on DriDucks rain gear on 11/13/2011 13:50:09 MST Print View

I suspect they are stacking orders and sending them all out at one time. This may be a small home-based operation. It is entirely possible that they don't have any inventory and pick it up from a distributor once a week, etc.

I recently made an order with Dirty Girl Gaiters and my experience was the complete opposite, with excellent communication and lightning-fast service.

Edited by dwambaugh on 11/13/2011 13:51:00 MST.

drowning in spam
(leaftye) - F

Re: Re: Re: Re: Deals on DriDucks rain gear on 11/13/2011 14:12:25 MST Print View

That's acceptable as well, but I'm still upset that they cancelled my order without sending me an order. That type of service is what makes me hesitate to order with them again. If they had let me known, even a week later as you might expect, I would have already placed another order.