Forum Index » Gear Swap » FS: HMG Echo I Insert (prototype) & Echo II Tarp + Beak

Display Avatars Sort By:
John Abela
(JohnAbela) - MLife
FS: HMG Echo I Insert (prototype) & Echo II Tarp + Beak on 10/28/2011 16:39:12 MDT Print View

This is a brand new (setup but never used in the backcountry) "HMG Echo II Tarp" along with a prototype Echo I insert.

This particular prototype has more headroom than the standard Echo I and Echo II inserts.

As a prototype it has flaws. There are a couple of very minor CF seams that are not taped together on the inside of the Insert. These non-taped pieces of cuben fiber does *not* effect quality - just cosmetics - and can be fixed very easily with cf tap or cutting them off.

To the best of my knowledge this Echo I insert has the highest head-room of any HMG Echo Insert ever created. It was developed as a combined effort between myself and HMG to resolve head-height issues.

In the end the Insert required a Echo II tarp in order to gain rain coverage (side splash) so it never went into production. I am including a Echo II Tarp I had. The Insert and Tarp have never been used outside of my backyard.

I will not sell either the tarp+beak nor the insert individually.

All together this is $620 dollars worth of gear if you pieced it together like I did.

Payment: $400.00 (paypal gift or check or money order only)

Shipping: Including with above price.

Fineprint: I am only willing to ship to the 50 USA States. As indicated, the insert has a few cf flaws that can be easily fixed. Stuff sacks are not included as I do not have any for these two items.

Note: I am not willing to negotiate on the price.

Reason for letting them go: I have too many tents and tarps. I think the HMG is the most bombproof cuben fiber tent on the market. Being a prototype I figured there might be somebody out there really interested in them. Also a nice way for those taller folks to get their hands onto a HMG that is larger than they can buy direct.

(edited to fix typo only)

Edited by JohnAbela on 10/28/2011 18:18:03 MDT.

David Stenberg
(dstenberg1) - F

Locale: South
Re: FS: HMG Echo I Insert (prototype) & Echo II Tarp + Beak on 10/28/2011 18:00:32 MDT Print View

" I am including a Echo II insert I had. The Insert and Tarp have never been used outside of my backyard."

Does this mean you are selling a tarp + beak+prototype insert + echo II Insert?

Sorry, just trying to figure it out. Thanks!

John Abela
(JohnAbela) - MLife
Re: Re: FS: HMG Echo I Insert (prototype) & Echo II Tarp + Beak on 10/28/2011 18:16:18 MDT Print View

Does this mean you are selling a tarp + beak+prototype insert + echo II Insert?

Looks like I mis-typed part of that.

For sale: HMG Echo I Insert (prototype) & Echo II Tarp + Echo II Beak

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife

Locale: Behind the Redwood Curtain
FS: HMG Echo I Insert (prototype) & Echo II Tarp + Beak on 10/28/2011 19:08:47 MDT Print View

So all three pieces

jason fiorita
(jasonf) - F

Locale: New England
Hello on 10/28/2011 22:29:32 MDT Print View

pm sent

John Abela
(JohnAbela) - MLife
Re: FS: HMG Echo I Insert (prototype) & Echo II Tarp + Beak on 10/29/2011 01:30:31 MDT Print View

Pending Payment

John Abela
(JohnAbela) - MLife
Re: FS: HMG Echo I Insert (prototype) & Echo II Tarp + Beak on 10/30/2011 16:44:29 MDT Print View

Item has been sold

John Abela
(JohnAbela) - MLife
Re: Re: FS: HMG Echo I Insert (prototype) & Echo II Tarp + Beak on 11/04/2011 23:50:48 MDT Print View

This item was shipped out early Thursday morning.